North Dakota

Pics
Sellison,
If you went to PL via the Manitou road...you were pretty close to us. And...I used to live in Lostwood suburbs.

Thoughts about the state halt on poultry shows and poultry livestock sales due to the aviation influenza?

Private sales are still allowed, as far as I've read. (As long as state requirements are met). Not sure about what the requirements are, though, so will have to look that up.

Okay, we live on over fifteen acres. The house (and maybe coop) is/will be between two ponds that are filled with various migrating water birds. If the migratory birds are infected (are they?) is there any chance that free range can happen, safely?

I've had critters all of my life and I've experienced many disease threats along the way. Anybody out there care to predict what will happen with this? (vaccinations, etc?)

While I see why it's necessary to do this.....I have a lot of birds to take to New Salem......
rant.gif

Okay, we live on over fifteen acres. The house (and maybe coop) is/will be between two ponds that are filled with various migrating water birds. If the migratory birds are infected (are they?) is there any chance that free range can happen, safely?

I've had critters all of my life and I've experienced many disease threats along the way. Anybody out there care to predict what will happen with this? (vaccinations, etc?)

From what I know and I might be wrong, That once contracted the chicken will stop laying and then die really fast.

While I see why it's necessary to do this.....I have a lot of birds to take to New Salem......
rant.gif
That was my deal. I have 21 rabbits that need to be gone and the New Salem sale helps with placing those bunnies. I also have a lot of birds to take to the sale.

Has anyone heard if the New Salem auction if officially canceled? I'm guessing poultry are for sure, but livestock also?

I had thought I heard that but cant be sure, they never advertise anything on that particular sale. I'm not sure why an auction where they charge admission wouldn't make even a simple bisman ad or something.

Back
Top Bottom