North Dakota

Pics
Has anyone heard if the New Salem auction if officially canceled? I'm guessing poultry are for sure, but livestock also?

I had thought I heard that but cant be sure, they never advertise anything on that particular sale. I'm not sure why an auction where they charge admission wouldn't make even a simple bisman ad or something.

Yes it is cancelled along with all poultry shows in North Dakota

OMG!!!!i have found other North Dakotans
big_smile.png

Hi everyone, we are looking at a property in Tuttle, Burleigh County. Can anyone tell me if there are restrictions on backyard flocks? I looked and couldn't find any info. I wouldn't be moving there for about a year, maybe by that time the avian flu will have run its course.

Hello North Dakotans!! I have some Pekin ducklings and cross bred cockerels fpr sale and wondering if anyone is interested!! I am about 45 minutes into MN near DL. PM if u r interested!!

Hi all. Just an update here. I ordered 28 chickens from Schlect Hatchery for delivery on 21 April. I got 20 Cornish X, 2 Lavender Orpingtons, 3 Ameracaunas and 3 Sex Links. They arrived fine, no issues...BUT...a week later the post office called and said I had chickens to pickup. Um...no, I already received my chickens. So I called the hatchery and yep, they sent me another batch by mistake. So I ended up with 56 chickens. Holy moley! Schlect offered to let me keep the second batch for free, but I couldnt do that to a small family hatchery so I paid shipping cost. I have lost 4 of the Cornish...but the others have grown nicely and I'm in the middle of butchering them. The egg layers are growing up fast and wow, if you haven't seen a Lavender Orpington, they are beautiful. I don't know if all 4 will be hens or not, hopefully at least a couple will be. If one or more is a roo, hopefully I'll be able to sell it as they are pretty rare. I see Meyer sells males for $14. If any of you want any of the breeds mentioned above, Schlect was easy to deal with and I feel I ended up with good birds.

Also, I am now driving to Grandin, ND to get Hubbard Feed for my birds. Chickens seem to like it and it smells fresh compared to what TSC has....plus, lower cost. Just stinks driving 60 miles. Oh well, gotta do whats best for the birds.

I'm going to keep all the layers, but they are: Lavender Orpingtons, Ameracaunas and Golden Comets (Red Stars). I hope these ones will be laying by October. I'm still fairly new to chickens, so not totally sure what breed I like best. I do have a Speckled Sussex and Barred Rock that I like a lot and give me nice large eggs most days. I'm having to teach the wife and kids everything I can as I'm active duty Air Force and have to go on a 6 month deployment soon. Thankfully chickens aren't too terribly difficult to take care of

Hi, I'm looking for some female ducks in North Dakota. I'm looking for some juvenile females that can be outside all day and night. Need more girls because I have 1 blue Swedish hen and 3 blue Swedish drakes! No breed in particular just need more hens so my lonely drakes don't hurt my one female duck or my two female chickens

Back
Top Bottom