North Dakota

Pics
Thanks, i sort of kicked myself for not asking several questions, at the swap.

I am not even knowing what to ask for pricing, I don't do this to sell birds. I am still interested in trading. However, the foundation pair (included) ran around 425 as yb's. Then, there are four of their progeny. Pricing seems to fall quite a lot with age and 'the next generation' from unflown/unraced birds. Can be very reasonable with no pedigree, also. Gosh, 4-H'ers get even better deals. Same with folks who are new to the sport, especially local. One of the group is sired by a good racer/breeder of racers. One is sired by import. The other four are progeny. Did you get my phone#?

I can 'toss' my racing birds and see how the birds fly back home, but i won't know how i'm doing unless i can see if the birds know how to 'break' from other lofts' birds. Need friendly competiton! I like these birds, have inbred yb's in my flying loft, now.

Was anyone at the New Salem auction the other weekend? Make any good buys or sold any good buys?

I had taken down 6 mixed hens and two cockerals, not sure how much I got for them though. I wasn't feeling the greatest that day, and all the bird noises and the really bad billy goat smells was too much for me. I stayed for a bit of the hoof stock and left.

I wish I would have stayed, I was eyeing that pair of peacocks and a couple of the other singles, and the wood ducks. Anyone know what they went for?

Was anyone at the New Salem auction the other weekend? Make any good buys or sold any good buys?

I had taken down 6 mixed hens and two cockerals, not sure how much I got for them though. I wasn't feeling the greatest that day, and all the bird noises and the really bad billy goat smells was too much for me. I stayed for a bit of the hoof stock and left.

I wish I would have stayed, I was eyeing that pair of peacocks and a couple of the other singles, and the wood ducks. Anyone know what they went for?

Guineas went for $23-$45 a bird
Adult Chickens were $4-$18 a piece
I bought a standard blue cochin pair, rooster was a frizzle for $42

Peacocks were $90-$390

Muscovy Drakes were $6 if they were with a hen they were $35

Guineas went for $23-$45 a bird
Adult Chickens were $4-$18 a piece
I bought a standard blue cochin pair, rooster was a frizzle for $42

Peacocks were $90-$390

Muscovy Drakes were $6 if they were with a hen they were $35
Holy smokes! What's the deal with guineas I wonder? Makes me wish I would have taken mine there instead of processing them but I just couldn't take the noise anymore. They also basically kicked all my chickens out of the chicken coop and wouldn't let them back in.

With the peacocks...that's about what I was expecting. I'm assuming the one that was in the narrow cage with his tail hanging out nice was the one that went for $390?

The people will regret spending that much when they realize how dumb they are!! I wish I would've taken mine. They can wait another year though.

The peacock for $390 was either the one with the tail outside the cage, or the one in the very large cage

I Love Layers the Cochin roo was $42.00!? Holy cats. I dont think he is worth that much. His foot feathering is a little little and should be "fuller". His coloring is decent. Using that rooster over your hen may improve her coloring some. If I were you I would talk to Rick Klehr. He breeds Cochins that take Champion at almost every show he goes too. He lives in Central MN.

I took welsummers and black copper marans along with a couple of rabbits to the sale on Friday. I also didn't stay due to the amount of work that I had to do on Saturday. I really hope I didn't get $4 each for them. If so it is a buyers market.LOL

I Love Layers the Cochin roo was $42.00!? Holy cats. I dont think he is worth that much. His foot feathering is a little little and should be "fuller". His coloring is decent. Using that rooster over your hen may improve her coloring some. If I were you I would talk to Rick Klehr. He breeds Cochins that take Champion at almost every show he goes too. He lives in Central MN.

Yeah.. His foot feathering is way better now! I think he was a cage bird they both look a lot better now.

I will definitely talk to him! Does he have an email

Hi all! I'm a little late getting my chicks this spring as I'm just finishing my coop up. I am soooo excited! But I am wondering if there is anyone near me selling chicks? (I assume we can buy and sell on this forum?) Unless anyone has suggestions for me, it looks like starting with a few Leghorn's and Buff Orpington's are a good beginner choice. I'd like 6-8 to begin with. I live N/NE of Minot, between Deering and Glenburn.
Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Hi all!  I'm a little late getting my chicks this spring as I'm just finishing my coop up. I am soooo excited! But I am wondering if there is anyone near me selling chicks? (I assume we can buy and sell on this forum?) Unless anyone has suggestions for me, it looks like starting with a few Leghorn's and Buff Orpington's are a good beginner choice. I'd like 6-8 to begin with.  I live N/NE of Minot, between Deering and Glenburn.
Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

I think I contacted you on Facebook
1f602.png

Back
Top Bottom