North Dakota

Pics
In addition to mostly males, there's a lot of people just simply unloading some birds before winter....and so they can justify getting chicks again.
big_smile.png
Or that may just be me....... So you may find something you like there.

I wish they did the birds first, though I see their reasoning...that's what everyone is there for. I usually drop off my birds, take a look around, head to Bismarck, have lunch/drive around, then come back for the birds.

Last edited:
In addition to mostly males, there's a lot of people  just simply unloading some birds before winter....and so they can justify getting chicks again. :D  Or that may just be me....... So you may find something you like there.

I wish they did the birds first, though I see their reasoning...that's what everyone is there for. I usually drop off my birds, take a look around,  head to Bismarck, have lunch/drive around, then come back for the birds.

Are you looking for any chicks right now? I've got 6 barnyard crosses to get rid of

Tempting as it is, I'll have to pass. I just got 15 chicks yesterday that I gave to my broody hen. Plus I'm trying to reduce the flock before winter.

That is what I have to do is get rid of my flock as well... I have about 20 too many hens to get rid of.

I don't understand why the auction people could NOT do as least a partial list on what they expect to have at the auction. Sorry but I am not going to drive that far and take a day off of work on a possibility that they MIGHT have something I want.

Ok! I'm not going to new Salem now. Instead I'm going to Brian Woehl auction. We'll butcher the roosters instead
Where's that at and is there any info on it? The one in Taylor?

I don't understand why the auction people could NOT do as least a partial list on what they expect to have at the auction. Sorry but I am not going to drive that far and take a day off of work on a possibility that they MIGHT have something I want.

I've never seen anything I want livestock wise since it's been in New Salem (poultry there has been some "want" but not "got"). When it used to be in Dickinson, they had a lot more variety.

Also not sure why New Salem can't have a list or some give some idea of what might be there, like Rugby does, with their co-sign posts they put on Bisman and etc. But then again, this is the first year that I've actually seen New Salem advertise it at all!

Last edited:
Where's that at and is there any info on it? The one in Taylor?
I've never seen anything I want livestock wise since it's been in New Salem (poultry there has been some "want" but not "got"). When it used to be in Dickinson, they had a lot more variety.

Also not sure why New Salem can't have a list or some give some idea of what might be there, like Rugby does, with their co-sign posts they put on Bisman and etc. But then again, this is the first year that I've actually seen New Salem advertise it at all!

Yes it is in Taylor. Don't have any info

If you ask on facebook in a poultry group for north Dakota a lot of people will answer

Back
Top Bottom