North to Alaska!

I think you're smart getting in the shelter...I'd probably LIVE in it!😳
12' x 8', much of which taken up by an inflatable bed, two chairs, shelves with supplies and "possibles," an air conditioner/dehumidifier, a small electric heater, and a porta-potty.

12' x 8', much of which taken up by an inflatable bed, two chairs, shelves with supplies and "possibles," an air conditioner/dehumidifier, a small electric heater, and a porta-potty.
Well... bigger than some Alaskan cabins... but of course those have an outhouse.....

I never have lived in a tornado place... hurricanes, yes... but those are not so bad.

I live the variety, but I really do miss the towering sitka spruce, the salmon berry bushes, strawberries, and gray currants!
There are high bush cranberries, low bush, and red currants here though.
The ocean isn’t far away, but the salt doesn’t ruin everything. In fact, you can’t even taste it in the air right next to it 😆
The inlet is real silty though, and there aren’t any shorebirds to watch besides the seagulls and maybe a kittiwake here and there. There also are no rolling sandy beaches here, closest place would be Homer.

A city 10x the size of Anchorage truly sounds hellish. I can’t stand the one way roads there, too confusing. Props to anyone who deals with that traffic every day, I’d just keel over and croak.

Guess I’d rather fight fish & game to get me some emus than to move for them!
Huh... not even sure what grey currents are... clearly I don't have those. :idunno There are a bunch of different tiny ground growing berries around my house, watermelon berries, raspberries, and garden strawberries. I really like salmon berries.. but those need more moisture.

And I am confused as to where you are... Yukon river is central... cuts right across... I wouldn't call it south central... south central is kenai peninsula... south east is alaska peninsula and south west is Haines to Sitka region up against Canada and the world of Salmonberries.

I am currently in southcentral, we have watermelon berries here.
I used to have a neighbor with this dog that would search out and eat all watermelon berries!

The reason I called it “northern southeast” is because the others from southeast (think Ketchikan, Craig, Hydaburg, Sitka) don’t consider Any towns above Juneau a part of southeast despite having a similar climate and still being a rainforest.

:lau I didn't know that. I have visited over there, but never lived there.

Is it maybe a "live on an island" verses "live on the mainland" thing?

Back
Top Bottom