NORTHERN California!

Pics
And I would totally love to meet other chicken people from our area!
big_smile.png

Chicken people are AWESOME!!!

I may need someone's help... alot of you met my fiance Larry at the party...his father 96 yrs old just passed away and i'll be going down to Newport Beach where his mom lives (94 yrs old) on Wed or thursday. I have eggs in bator hatching on monday - wednesday. If someone is in the mood to take care of one-day-olds till my return probably sunday or monday after thanksgiving...let me know.

We also lost his sister this year...it's been an emotional roller coaster. I won't be able to travel long distances to drop them off and I'd prefer to keep them in one place. I might already have a solution, but please let me know if it is at all possible.

28 viable eggs in the bator now...

Howdy, I'm a native Californian and have lived most of my life an hour out of San Francisco, in one direction or another. Currently we live in inland Mendocino County, up in the hills.

We have a happy flock of buff orpingtons which were purchased from Privett. They seem much smaller than the BOs I saw at the fair, so I am interested in tracking down some reputable breeders with the thought of purchasing some hatching eggs to slip my broodies in the spring. After reading Carol Deppe's The Resilient Gardener, I am also considering adding just a few ancona ducks to the homestead in the spring, if I can get either some of hers or the ones from the line that Holderread gave over to Boondockers.

This is such a great website! So many wonderful people who share this insane interest!

Back
Top Bottom