Norwegian Jaerhon

Pics
Quote:
Thank ya'll ! If your using a computer go to the file where the picture is stored and click on "file" or "edit" that you should see somewhere at the top of the page, then you will see an option of "stretch and skew" put like 50% in the blank next to both stretch and skew then save the edited picture and see if that will upload to BYC. I take all my pictures with my black berry cell phone and the pictures are already small enough for BYC I guess.
Try that and let me know how it goes
smile.png

I had a problem uploading pics for the longest time. Do you have a facebook page? Have you tried this link? It worked for me.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=427634
My problem eventually resolved itself. I have no idea why, but now I'm able to upload directly on BYC.

This is a picture of three of my dark Jaer hens a couple weeks before they began to lay.
77640_golden_girls_1.jpg

It worked
wee.gif
Thanks Roosterfry and discoveregg for the advise on how to post pictures.
Kathleen

Last edited:
Quote:
Frostbite is more likely in high moisture than particularly low temps...

That's what puzzles me! They had adequate ventilation, fresh bedding and I had given them scratch at night to warm them internally. Same thing every night. And the temperatures had been colder earlier last week so it's a mystery to me why this happened. Luckily the spots are very tiny. Is there anything else I should be doing? Those combs are so big...

Last edited:
Merry Christmas! Applying vasoline to the comb will prevent frostbite. We are having the warmest winter here in years. It has frosted a few times at night and the days are in the 40s to 60s. That probably means it will be a cold January - March, but so far no chance of frostbite. The hens continue to lay well and Rudy the rooster is growing some nice tail feathers and doing well with his girls.I am not sure how old he needs to be to expect fertility. I think he is 17 weeks. I am planning on doing a test hatch in Feb. Is that too soon?

Back
Top Bottom