Norwegian Jaerhon

Pics

New chicken family

In the Brooder
12 Years
May 6, 2007
Madison WI
I am Norwegain - so of course when it came time to pick out breeds we bought a Norwegian Jaerhon.
But what I don't know is - how good of an egg layer are they?
All I know is that their eggs are white....

Anybody have one that can tell me?

We live in Wisconsin - I figure a Norwegian chicken should be able to handle Wisconsin winters!!!

Thanks!!
Solvei

I am also interested to hear how well they lay. Also whether they stand confinement OK or not. We liked the Icelandic chickens but then found out that they really prefer to free range, which we couldn't do here in the city!

Stacey

hmm.png

Last edited:
New chicken family,

I live about 45 minutes north of Madison and am wondering where you purchased you chicks? Did you get them locally? I am especially interested in the Norwegian Jaerhon.

Thanks!
smile.png

Very intriguing!
Would love to know how your birds have turned out. Have they remained calm and laid back? I'm also wondering about the size of their combs (I live in VT where frostbite can be a problem).
Do you think they would fit in with a backyard flock of mixed heavy (and docile) breeds?

I have a Norwegian Jaerhon rooster and hen. They are both almost five months old. I'd like to post a picture of him that I just took. How do I do it?

Back
Top Bottom