Not a consistent poster, but long time member.

5797DC74-5952-44F9-B5FD-16D5143DA2F2.jpeg

Today, after checking the three Tractor Supply stores in my area, I came home with 8 pullet chicks. Nothing fancy, and nothing that I haven't had before. 4 Easter Eggers, and 4 "Reds." (Look like New Hampshire to me.) All look like they're a couple weeks old. Tonight, they're in the garage, doing what chicks do in a brooder.
Out back, I have just one older girl. (Blue sex link something) Poor thing has been all alone for a couple weeks. A friend is going to give me a surplus rooster to keep her company. He say's its a full-size/banty mix of some kind. I see some Old English Game in the picture he sent me.
Y'all have a good holiday weekend.
Tomorrow, I'll be cleaning and disinfecting my old coop and run. Getting it ready for the new flock. 👨‍🌾

Today, after checking the three Tractor Supply stores in my area, I came home with 8 pullet chicks. Nothing fancy, and nothing that I haven't had before. 4 Easter Eggers, and 4 "Reds." (Look like New Hampshire to me.) All look like they're a couple weeks old. Tonight, they're in the garage, doing what chicks do in a brooder.
Out back, I have just one older girl. (Blue sex link something) Poor thing has been all alone for a couple weeks. A friend is going to give me a surplus rooster to keep her company. He say's its a full-size/banty mix of some kind. I see some Old English Game in the picture he sent me.
Y'all have a good holiday weekend.
Tomorrow, I'll be cleaning and disinfecting my old coop and run. Getting it ready for the new flock. 👨‍🌾
Good luck with the new chicks and rooster. Feel free to share pictures!

:frow Welcome back. I live in Florida and we have a lot of predators here. Most of my lessons have been learned the hard way. Because of losses from predators in the past, I no loner free range but my birds all have nice large pens covered with good heavy duty netting for aerial predators, electric wires around the coops and pens and concrete under the gates. The predators respect the electric wires. Good luck and have fun...

Back
Top Bottom