Not again 😣

Pics
Well,  someone ate *two* eggs last night, one from the nest and I assume what Sprightly laid.
I don't want to make assumptions or name names,  but Sprightly did have yolk dripping off her face this morning which was a little bit suspicious
At least there wasn't bacon grease and toast crumbs, too?

Just found Spry standing looking miserable, with a broken soft shell under her
Checked and there was a blood vessel in the egg, quite a big one and quite intact so thought I'd get a picture to see if this was something to be worried about.
I picked her up and she was exhausted, just lay down on me instantly and rested. I think it warmed her up and helped her feel better. She had a warm bath just now. As her vent was still contracting and she seemed uncomfortable. She's perked up now 20230519_202528.jpg 20230519_202606.jpg
IMG-20230519-WA0021.jpeg

I’ve seen blood like that in a soft shell I don’t think it’s anything to be concerned about. It really is hard on them to lay soft shell eggs though poor babies
She always ends up so exhausted after, but that time she was ready to just collapse on me, immediately, and rest
I knew she was acting a little tired, a bit quiet, this evening, but I was checking on her frequently and didn't see any signs that she was trying to lay

She's getting so much calcium but still, occasionally lays soft shells :(

Back
Top Bottom