Not an Emergency...Marek's in the Flock

Thanks Kim. Yes stroke did cross my mind. She ate bread for me but hasn't eaten her food.

Ochochicas, I can't understand why some make you cry and others don't. It doesn't seem to be related to how attached I am. For 6 years she's avoided me like the plague. And I cry my eyes out. I guess some just pull it out of you.

Thanks Kim. Yes stroke did cross my mind. She ate bread for me but hasn't eaten her food.

Ochochicas, I can't understand why some make you cry and others don't. It doesn't seem to be related to how attached I am. For 6 years she's avoided me like the plague. And I cry my eyes out. I guess some just pull it out of you.
Awwww, you just made me cry, too! Maybe it is the ones that have survived the longest that touch us the most. Last Monday I had a meltdown on the way home from work thinking my sick pullet was going to have to be put down when I got home. Then, when I got home she was eating and didn't seem that bad at all.

I hope Polish keeps eating and holds her own.
hugs.gif

Meltdown is a good word for it.

This afternoon, I took her out and examined her and one leg has tension in it and she can pull it away. The other one is floppy and there's no tone to it at all. I am beginning to think that maybe she does have a broken leg. I'll cast her tonight. She started eating and drinking. AND Laid an egg!!!!!!

Meltdown is a good word for it.

This afternoon, I took her out and examined her and one leg has tension in it and she can pull it away.  The other one is floppy and there's no tone to it at all.  I am beginning to think that maybe she does have a broken leg.  I'll cast her tonight.  She started eating and drinking.  AND Laid an egg!!!!!!

Yay!!!

It felt like if there's a break it was high up. So we went to the vet. He's very nice and only charges me for a visit and that's it. He said it's very broke. He splinted it by folding the leg up to the body and wrapped it onto the side of her body. He said 4 weeks like that and some weeks after that because of the way the leg is positioned. She's drinking a lot. I just hope she eats well. I made her an egg. It's a good feeling to feel it's not Marek's-for once.

hate to say congratulations on a broken leg, but given the alternative of marek's i feel this is good news! i know she's in good hands with you taking such good care. two months from now she'll be enjoying the good weather and back on two feet. good luck in the next few days settling into the new routine of the extra TLC for your girl!

It felt like if there's a break it was high up.  So we went to the vet.  He's very nice and only charges me for a visit and that's it.  He said it's very broke.  He splinted it by folding the leg up to the body and wrapped it onto the side of her body.  He said 4 weeks like that and some weeks after that because of the way the leg is positioned.  She's drinking a lot.  I just hope she eats well.  I made her an egg.  It's a good feeling to feel it's not Marek's-for once.

I know how you feel, I'm so glad it isn't Marek's. Hopefully she heals quickly.

Isn't it strange when we end up actually happy that someone has a broken leg, LOL.
The vet does not want any twisting whatsoever, so he's kind of taped her one leg into a "squat" position. I have her in a sling. Vet says no weight. The good thing is that she doesn't have to "hang", so she can put her good leg on a box and make like she's nesting.

Hey Lolachick-the Polish in my avatar is Lola. She's the sister to the patient.

Back
Top Bottom