Not an Emergency...Marek's in the Flock

http://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.1002198 is the link to the study that the pbs article was based on.....
That is a good article.

And the most important statement I think it the fact the the vaccine did not create the overly virulent strains of Marek's we have today. The vaccine was introduced in the 1950s, while the virus become more aggressive and fatal before the 1950s. As evolution will have it, the virus mutated and become stronger without humans being involved.

I think what we need now is a better vaccine that prevents virus infection all together instead of just limiting its effects on the birds. That and a cure for cancer and all the other disease out there...
wink.png

This is her liver, CLick on picture for larger pictures
Necropsy. 18 month old Creveceour , wasted and died. I believe this is Marek's tumors. If not, please tell me what it is.

The gallbladder is where the bile is stored. If you have ever seen someone with a blocked bile duct they look kind of green. Remember the bilirubin babies from NICU?

Another has gone down and it was one of my EE hens I hatched (favorite) its egg laying age to... why couldn't it be the roosters! I got enough of them. Uuuuuggggggggghhhhhh

Back
Top Bottom