Not new to BYC, but new to Montana.

Wow, you really did it Michael. So glad you found your piece of heaven. I know you guys will really enjoy it there. Can't believe how grown up your grand daughter is.

Will you wait till spring to get chickens?
ya.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Wow, you really did it Michael. So glad you found your piece of heaven. I know you guys will really enjoy it there. Can't believe how grown up your grand daughter is.

Will you wait till spring to get chickens?
ya.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

My granddaughter was out picking apples again this morning. We have a dehydrator and are going to turn some of them into dried apple slices and make apple cider from the rest. Yes, I am planning to build the chicken coop over the winter and get chicks in the spring. It will be nice to have a flock again.

I just realized that I had left out the photo of the deer in our backyard in my first post (even though I had put it in the caption), so I have added it. I've also posted the photo of the deer in our backyard (we have loads of them on our property) below.

Oh, there they are! I kept looking for them in the other picture, lol.

Do you know where you're going to get your spring chicks or what breeds you're going to get yet?

Oh, there they are! I kept looking for them in the other picture, lol.

Do you know where you're going to get your spring chicks or what breeds you're going to get yet?

My only definitely plan at this point is to get some Black Sex Links since egg production is our main priority. If they have them, I may pick them up from one of the local feed stores. Otherwise, I will order them from a hatchery; probably Dunlap Hatchery since I've had good success with their birds before and since the chicks won't have to travel that far from Caldwell, Idaho.

My granddaughter is really enjoying all the wide open space on our Montana farm. She is looking forward to sledding down the hill in the top pic when winter snow covers it. There is a Ponderosa Pine forest at the top of the hill with several large Ponderosa Pines in it.

Back
Top Bottom