Not Self-Blue Ameraucana - but what are they?

The grey ones do appear lavender and are likely pure assuming that at most they're first generation mixes. The black chick would be a split to lavender assuming it has a lavender parent. I would assume it and the white one are crossbreeds unless they have multiple Ameraucana colors
Looks like they have three AM colors. Which perfectly match the three colors they received.

5AEB7A54-6401-4220-A756-AA791A843E9C.jpeg

Looks like they have three AM colors. Which perfectly match the three colors they received.

View attachment 3107630
Except they were only supposed to be self-blue for my order. Hopefully the next set of eggs they send will hatch and will be self-blue. Will post updates in the hatching forum section.

View attachment 3107630
Well that clears it up! Either fence hopping or an egg mixup happened but at least either way they're pure 👍 I would guess egg mixup (for at least the white one) since White Ameraucanas are recessive white and a white rooster crossed with a lavender hen would give black chicks. Now the black chick could be an egg mixup or the result of a black or white male fence hopping. 😳

Well that clears it up! Either fence hopping or an egg mixup happened but at least either way they're pure 👍 I would guess egg mixup (for at least the white one) since White Ameraucanas are recessive white and a white rooster crossed with a lavender hen would give black chicks. Now the black chick could be an egg mixup or the result of a black or white male fence hopping. 😳
Thanks for all the answers and feedback. I'll post more pics as they grow and when I get the new eggs in the mail how those turn out.

Back
Top Bottom