Not so new, the lurker returns

Howdy, :frow
Glad you decided to stop de-lurking, again!
animated-indian-and-redskin-image-0031.gif

and
3744768-7d69e0c0ccdaede47cc39e079e0eafa7.gif

Hiya, and welcome back to BYC!! :frow

We have two brooders in our living room and use horse bedding pellets in them which keeps the dust down somehow as well as there's no smell.
I’ve found the exact same thing, though I still feel some wood dust but a spray of water into the air takes it down. I also like the effect of enzyme cleaner on the litter, smell wise, like the kind you’d spray on a dog pee’d carpet. I’ve had no issues with smell at all, dust…. Well, I have an air purifier who works very hard.

I’ve found the exact same thing, though I still feel some wood dust but a spray of water into the air takes it down. I also like the effect of enzyme cleaner on the litter, smell wise, like the kind you’d spray on a dog pee’d carpet. I’ve had no issues with smell at all, dust…. Well, I have an air purifier who works very hard.
We haven't needed any spray though as the pellets are sufficient.

Under their nipple bottle waterer, drips will cause the pellets to turn to sawdust. If they see it before I do, they're taking dust baths in it. :rolleyes: I remove that and replace with fresh pellets. I've made a little stack of paper towels under that which helps too.

The spray I wouldn't use as if my chicks ever got sick, I'd wonder if it was the spray or something else, or possibly have one with an allergic reaction. If you've used that for a while with no issues, then cool beans!

Back
Top Bottom