Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here!

Cheers Junebuggena any idea of what he is? Hatched from a blue egg
Looks a lot like my Barred Rock/Easter Egger crosses.

All of these chicks have the same parents. Their father is a black sexlinked Easter Egger (Easter Egger rooster bred to Barred Rock hen) and their mother is a black sexlinked Easter Egger (Easter Egger rooster to different Barred Rock hen). Technically, each chick is 50% Barred Rock, but they are second generation crosses, which produces a lot more variety.

This is a 14 week old silkie. We thought she was a hen but has recently started crowing. So, now we're thinking rooster, but it doesn't have a comb at all. I've heard that some hens crow and we're hoping this is the case, as it has a lot of personality and we'd love to keep her, but don't want any more roosters.

This is a 16-week-old barred rock, think rooster on this one, as he has a larger comb and seems lighter than the others (the tail of one is in front of him).

This is a 14 week old silkie. We thought she was a hen but has recently started crowing. So, now we're thinking rooster, but it doesn't have a comb at all. I've heard that some hens crow and we're hoping this is the case, as it has a lot of personality and we'd love to keep her, but don't want any more roosters.

This is a 16-week-old barred rock, think rooster on this one, as he has a larger comb and seems lighter than the others (the tail of one is in front of him).

Both are cockerels.

17-18 week old Columbian Rock.

Jazz is 11 weeks old and is a mix of Jubilee Orpington roo and Easter Egger hen. Some days I think cockerel and others pullet. Thank you for your help.

Parents

Last edited:
I got straight run Buff Orps and they are 8 weeks now, is it possible to know at this stage which are roos and which are hens? Some of them have darker red larger combs, and their feathers came in more slowly that the ones with whiter smaller combs, is that an indication of which gender they are? Posting some pics:

Back
Top Bottom