Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here!

Pics
Hello. I am brand new to chickens and so excited. I can not figure out if these are Roo Easter Eggers or Pullets. They should be about 10 weeks old. (I didn't know their exact age when I purchased them, I think they were 5 weeks at that time)

Any thoughts?

Hello Chicken Experts!!

I was hoping someone can take a look at the following pictures of my two Wheaton Ameraucana chicks. We picked them up the day they hatched, March 29th. They are about 4 1/2 weeks now. Tenley was much larger than the others when we picked them up and had a large amount of wing and tail feathering already.

Sorry for so many pictures. Thank-you for your help.
With that much black feathering they both look like cockerels to me.

I got a pekin and a polish from the breeder, when they were day old. The breeder told me they couldn't tell what they are. Now, they are 4 weeks old. I am pretty sure the pekin is roo, coz its comb is turning red. But I can't tell what the polish is. I don't see any comb on its head. But it has the red wattles. Anyone can help me?

My girl named it Bacon:)

This is chocolate. Also from my girl. Both of them are her favorite.;)
tongue.png

8 week old black cochin
I'm leaning towards cockerel and
welcome-byc.gif

This one named peppermint is getting more like a Roo everyday!
hmm.png
comb keeps getting pinker...what do you think?
What breed? How old? It think you have a cockerel.
Hello. I am brand new to chickens and so excited. I can not figure out if these are Roo Easter Eggers or Pullets. They should be about 10 weeks old. (I didn't know their exact age when I purchased them, I think they were 5 weeks at that time)

Any thoughts?
They all look like pullets, also the black one looks like an Australorp. Oh and
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
I got a pekin and a polish from the breeder, when they were day old. The breeder told me they couldn't tell what they are. Now, they are 4 weeks old. I am pretty sure the pekin is roo, coz its comb is turning red. But I can't tell what the polish is. I don't see any comb on its head. But it has the red wattles. Anyone can help me?

My girl named it Bacon:)

This is chocolate. Also from my girl. Both of them are her favorite.;)
tongue.png

To young to say for sure but you have a possible cockerel, I would post again in another 2 weeks or more to confirm.

Ok got some better photos
#1 This is "Raven"

#2 This is "Rogue"

#3 This is "big mamma" (but I am thinking Mr.Roo might be a better name ?!)
1f602.png

Back
Top Bottom