Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

I Purchased chicks at Tractor supply couldn't pass them up. Not sure what breeds or sex they are. I got the March 24th.

Above I have two of these that looks the same got them the same time but they are a lot bigger then ones below. Not sure I got pictures of both of them they really look a like

Any help with bread and sex would be greatly appreciated..

First 3 are red sex link pullets. Next is a barred Rock cockerel. After that a light Brahma. I can't see the comb so unsure on sex but would lean towards pullet due to lack of wattles. Next is a mille fleur d'Uccle cockerel. Then a partridge Cochin pullet.

We just got a bunch of Ameracauna chicks, three are three months and the others are 1 month. We're new to chickens and really need your help sexing them. Whatever advice or opinion you have regarding their gender is highly appreciated!

I Purchased chicks at Tractor supply couldn't pass them up. Not sure what breeds or sex they are. I got the March 24th.

Above I have two of these that looks the same got them the same time but they are a lot bigger then ones below. Not sure I got pictures of both of them they really look a like

Any help with bread and sex would be greatly appreciated..
All pullets except 2 and 4.. not sure as far as gender..

Last edited:
Is it the tail feathers that make you think it is a roo or the comb? I'm trying to learn.
Both. Not only are the combs and wattles fairly developed but I also see some saddle feathers. If you aren't familiar with the term "saddle feathers" it means the pointy curving feathers just behind the wing.

I hatched some Lavender Ameraucana's in March, they are about 8 weeks old now. A few look like this picture below and I was curious if the red on the comb was indicative of being cockerel for their breed?

Back
Top Bottom