Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Ok experts, 7 week old Delaware pullet or roo?

Pretty bird I would guess a pullet I don't see signs of saddle feathers and no clear redness a cockerel would develop in the comb

Thanks I was thinking the same. Her comb is still quite yellow. I've read that banded tail feathers on a Del could mean roo but they are more spotty right now than banded and wondering if they will molt away. We shall see. Also someone here posted a Del roo of about the same age and his comb and wattles were pretty red and developed. I'm holding out hope!

Thanks I was thinking the same. Her comb is still quite yellow. I've read that banded tail feathers on a Del could mean roo but they are more spotty right now than banded and wondering if they will molt away. We shall see. Also someone here posted a Del roo of about the same age and his comb and wattles were pretty red and developed. I'm holding out hope!
Yeah I wouldn't count on feather patterns look for the real signs and male characteristics I have a flock of hens and Roos they turn pink then red fairly quick a mouth 3-4 weeks for both my boys girls will only go pink to red just before they start laying eggs

I'd posted these on a stand alone thread, but thought I'd stop in here too... I picked up two batches of 5 pullets on Tuesday... the group of black ones I'm pretty positive are all girls, but the other 5 have me wavering... 2 of them I'm almost certain are roos...(knew there was at least one when I bought them) the other 3 however are iffy... if anyone can help that'd be awesome...

#2... really thinking roo on this one

#3...

#4 & 5... pretty sure roo... Combs are much wider and taller, and tail feathers much longer

The other batch are a little older, and seem to be all girls... possibly ameraucana...they're all identical other than slight size variations and the lone silver (lavendar?)

I'd posted these on a stand alone thread, but thought I'd stop in here too... I picked up two batches of 5 pullets on Tuesday... the group of black ones I'm pretty positive are all girls, but the other 5 have me wavering... 2 of them I'm almost certain are roos...(knew there was at least one when I bought them) the other 3 however are iffy... if anyone can help that'd be awesome...

#2... really thinking roo on this one

#3...

#4 & 5... pretty sure roo... Combs are much wider and taller, and tail feathers much longer

The other batch are a little older, and seem to be all girls... possibly ameraucana...they're all identical other than slight size variations and the lone silver (lavendar?)

The first 5 are all male.

Back
Top Bottom