Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

I'm voting cockerel, but how old is it? And Sussex? Orpington?

4 weeks, supposedly RIR but isn't really, since it's a hatchery chick. Thanks!
Definitely a cockerel. Must be young since it still has fluff on its neck. I'd say even an early bloomer it's so red and big lol

Thank you! I'll have to call up the feed store soon to get a replacement, and this little guy is going to live with my uncle.

Was told in June that these looked like roos.. was curious to see if that still stands or are they definitely pullets :)

So pics then and pics of them now!

l

I have five little GLW chicks that I'm really hoping aren't all roosters (as I suspect). I'm unsure of age since I bought them at an auction but they're almost completely feathered out.

206j8fr.jpg

149cym0.jpg

2nhgknn.jpg

34qae61.jpg

i1iv69.jpg

Hi, Junebuggena, I have learned so much from you! I look at these postings and try to figure it out, then test myself on what you say they are! Wondering with the Jersey Giant, are the downward slanting lower back feathers not pointy enough? I was kinda looking at the "lines" if you will but then the face did seem to look pullet. Or is the feathering a breed thing? I need to start looking at the actual feathers themselves rather than just the way they angle, I suspect. Thanks so much, trying to learn!

All female.

Back
Top Bottom