Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

I've been telling myself this is a hen but I think I heard her crow today. Does anyone with more experience than me know if this is a roo? Thanks!

9 week old mille de fleur d'uccle..
Pullet or cockerel? I'm at a loss with this one.. thanks

Without a better picture I would say it looks like a pullet, but it's definitely not a pure d'Uccle. That's d'Uccle mix, or possibly a hatchery quality d'Uccle so lazily bred it no longer could be reasonably called a d'Uccle.

Could you post some photos that are actually in focus?

Yeah sorry. It was getting late and I was trying to get a pic before it got dark. I'll repost tomorrow. :)

Without a better picture I would say it looks like a pullet, but it's definitely not a pure d'Uccle. That's d'Uccle mix, or possibly a hatchery quality d'Uccle so lazily bred it no longer could be reasonably called a d'Uccle.

What makes you say that?

It's totally possible but kind of a bummer. The kids love them though so can't be unhappy. :) do you know where I can purchase some in northern California that are closer to sop?

Sorry, no. I know a Booted Bantam breeder but nobody who does d'Uccles. You might try Cackle hatchery if you're interested in chicks, they do small orders and having seen their d'Uccles in person I can say they are pretty good. Not show quality, certainly, but a pretty good hatchery quality, some bordering on breeder quality.

Sorry, no. I know a Booted Bantam breeder but nobody who does d'Uccles. You might try Cackle hatchery if you're interested in chicks, they do small orders and having seen their d'Uccles in person I can say they are pretty good. Not show quality, certainly, but a pretty good hatchery quality, some bordering on breeder quality.

I probably won't do the hatchery just because it's starting to get cold now.aybe some hatching eggs but still have to find a reputable breeder. I may just wait till spring when they are easier to find. :)

I probably won't do the hatchery just because it's starting to get cold now.aybe some hatching eggs but still have to find a reputable breeder. I may just wait till spring when they are easier to find. :)
We get pure D'uccles up here in the spring and I have a friend who breeds them I can talk to her and see if she plans in doing some in spring... go figure the OEG would be in the D'uccle geniva has a hard time with her OEG boys they're sneaky and break into all the different pens

Back
Top Bottom