Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

17%2B-%2B1
[/IMG]

This is Jimmy and I'm curious to know his gender (and breed if you can) thanks!

We brought home 4 golden laced Wyandottes from a breeder yesterday to give our single chick some friends. Right away I can notice one chick is a little different from the other three. The chick on the left has no white on the wings and the wings are longer. The other three chicks have white tips on their wings and short, stubby wings. My daughter's friend is wanting to keep a pullet to show at the fair. Might it be safest for her to start bonding with the chick on the left? They are 4.5 days old.

Last edited:
We brought home 4 golden laced Wyandottes from a breeder yesterday to give our single chick some friends. Right away I can notice one chick is a little different from the other three. The chick on the left has no white on the wings and the wings are longer. The other three chicks have white tips on their wings and short, stubby wings. My daughter's friend is wanting to keep a pullet to show at the fair. Might it be safest for her to start bonding with the chick on the left? They are 4.5 days old.

In my experience the ones who get wing and tail feathers fastest are female. Males take longer to feather out. I have a 6 week old who still hasn't feathered completely.

In my experience the ones who get wing and tail feathers fastest are female. Males take longer to feather out. I have a 6 week old who still hasn't feathered completely.

We raised 11 Welsummer straight runs last summer, and this held true for them as well. Our Rocks​ that were the same age, were ordered​ as female, and they also feathered faster than the roos in the Welsummer bunch. Other than the Welsummer breed, I've not had experience raising both sexes, but wondered if this held true with most breeds.. thank you for your input.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom