Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

first one of my Dixie rainbows, cowl looks straight so still hoping for female

I'm not sure what a "cowl" refers to but that's cockerel patterning. The white shoulder patches are coming in.

Last edited:
They had black copper marans at the time for $9.40. They get a good variety of species (ducks, turkeys, guineas, etc.) and breeds but I'm not sure what hatchery they use. The price varies by breed as well. The 'Ameraucanas' weren't overly expensive so yes probably EE. But as far as feed stores go I think they are generally pretty good at getting their breeds correct. Plus I can find their breed schedule online so that's exciting for me.
I know of the top of my head Meyer hatchery sells pures for like 18-20 $ a chick with a 3-4 min order I've never heard of a feed store selling that expensive of a chick unless someone specifically ordered them is all I'm saying

We raised 11 Welsummer straight runs last summer, and this held true for them as well. Our Rocks​ that were the same age, were ordered​ as female, and they also feathered faster than the roos in the Welsummer bunch. Other than the Welsummer breed, I've not had experience raising both sexes, but wondered if this held true with most breeds.. thank you for your input.
My 6 week old is a Welsummer.

Back
Top Bottom