Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

I have 6 4 week old chicks that we hatched in an incubator, I am fairly certain 3 are obvious cockerels and need some input on the other 3.
The first is an ameraucana

This is a French wheaten Maran

The last is an ameraucana I am going to post a few pics because there is certainly some pinking in the comb but the size and colour next to the obvious cockerel make me still hopeful it is a pullet

Thanks!

I got 5 Brahma chicks at a local feed store. I was told that they were sexed to 90% certainty. I picked 4 with similar coloring and 1 that looked different from the others hoping I would get a cockerel in the bunch.
Approximate hatch date is 3-1, could be a little earlier.
I took pics of each front facing and of the body and wing coloring too. Since I usually go overboard with pics this time I'll start with the front face pics of each. If anyone wants to see other pics I have those too.
Thanks in advance.
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Good afternoon,

We recently picked up what were sold as "Ameraucana Pullets" at our local Ace, but I really know they are EEs, I think the RIR (yellow one) is also an EE cross, but time will tell. These chicks are just shy of 4 weeks old so still a bit young, but was wondering if anyone could hazard a guess on their gender. While they were labeled as pullets, I am not naive enough to think that they are. When I picked them up I questioned the staff on the gender and I was told that they ordered girls, so who knows! Typically I take all the guess work out of sexing chicks and get from hatcheries that sex for you or from folks who are much wiser than I. There is very little, if any, waddle development yet on any of the chicks, and what shows is still yellow. Thanks for your guesses, it's like Christmas waiting to find out what comes out :)

Fuzzy (I think will be barred, s/he has a few white wing feathers coming in)

(one of our cattle dogs creeping in the background lol)

Rosetta

Sesame(supposed to be a RIR, but I doubt it)

Back
Top Bottom