Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

[/IMG][/IMG]

I have two birds with the chipmunk markings which look the same except for their wings. One has long wings to the tail while the other one has shorter wings. Can I safely assume the long wings would be the cockerel & the short wings would be the pullet?

The left & center birds are in question in this photo... Disregard the one on the right.

The one closest to the feeder & one directly behind are what I'm questioning....

Thanks!

I have two birds with the chipmunk markings which look the same except for their wings. One has long wings to the tail while the other one has shorter wings. Can I safely assume the long wings would be the cockerel & the short wings would be the pullet?

The left & center birds are in question in this photo... Disregard the one on the right.

The one closest to the feeder & one directly behind are what I'm questioning....

Thanks!
You can not make assumptions about gender simply because one chick has long wing feathers than the other. Sexing by feather development is only accurate if a chick is specifically bred for it.

This morning I hear one of my speckled Sussex pullets "crowing". I knew that this one particular bird looked a bit different and definitely larger than the paired pullet. Just for peace of mind's sake, I wanted to get sex confirmation here before I called the seller for an exchange. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom