Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Look like pullets to me! What breed is the white?
Yay! The leaders of our 4H club were convinced the frizzle was a cockerel, but it doesn't look like it to me. My best guess for the breed of the white one is a bantam Delaware. She/he has been really slow developing, which has made me wonder. They are from an assorted bantams bin at a farm supply store.

Yay! The leaders of our 4H club were convinced the frizzle was a cockerel, but it doesn't look like it to me. My best guess for the breed of the white one is a bantam Delaware. She/he has been really slow developing, which has made me wonder. They are from an assorted bantams bin at a farm supply store.
No wattles or red on either at 8 weeks... probably pullets. Possible to have late bloomer males, but odds are for pullets.

heres my 2 EE i got as 2 hens...1 of these isnt quite like the other.....both same age, estimated 11/12 weeks...whats the verdict?

Attachments

• IMG_0479.JPG
    IMG_0479.JPG
    915.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0476.JPG
    IMG_0476.JPG
    1,006.1 KB · Views: 10
Alright, I have three bantam Cochins and the lightest silkie in the photo that I'm curious about. Everyone is right around 7 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_1420.JPG
    IMG_1420.JPG
    369.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1442.JPG
    IMG_1442.JPG
    444.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1447.JPG
    IMG_1447.JPG
    377.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1450.JPG
    IMG_1450.JPG
    359.5 KB · Views: 10
Alright, I have three bantam Cochins and the lightest silkie in the photo that I'm curious about. Everyone is right around 7 weeks.
The cochins all look like pullets so far, but still can't be sure. A good standing side view can be very helpful sexing... it can show if there is male specific coloring coming in.
The silkie looks like... a silkie. Cute one, but I'm not good at them. You concerned about the spiky head feathers? Combs don't show red, but you might tell by the size and puffiness if it's male. I would think it would get dark red on the wings if a male, but not sure. Help... anyone??

anybody know the sex of either of these two 8 week old silkies? 1 is a buff and 1 is a blue. both are from a hatchery
IMG_3915.JPG
IMG_3932 (1).JPG
IMG_3915.JPG
IMG_3933.JPG
IMG_3930.JPG
IMG_3980.PNG
IMG_3922.JPG

IMG_9652.JPG
IMG_0284.JPG
I think my 14 week old Barred Rock might be a roo! She had two brothers who were VERY obvious Roos that we rehomed at 11 weeks. She is the bravest, and is always the first to take treats from my hand, and even lets me cuddle her! There are picture at top. The up close is her 3 days ago. The full body shot is her brother at 9 weeks. Do you think she's a he?

Back
Top Bottom