Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Just noticed these coming in. Are these satttle feathers that signify a roo? IMG_2176.JPG

IMG_4650.JPG

These two are 6 weeks old in this pic. Mom's are hatchery stock barred rocks and dad is a large fowl cochin. They act like girls but they are the only two chicks this age so maybe I just don't have anything to compare them to. Think they are both boys? Edited to add dad is Barred as well...so boys should be double barred.
Here's a couple more pics
FullSizeRender-8.jpg
IMG_4655.JPG

View attachment 1017576

These two are 6 weeks old in this pic. Mom's are hatchery stock barred rocks and dad is a large fowl cochin. They act like girls but they are the only two chicks this age so maybe I just don't have anything to compare them to. Think they are both boys? Edited to add dad is Barred as well...so boys should be double barred.
Here's a couple more pics
View attachment 1017591 View attachment 1017592

They both look like ladies to me. :)

Edit: I say that because the barring is so dark... Plus, their combs/wattles look pinkish to me, and not very big. But since they're mixes, I'm not as sure... I know male Cochins tend to get big combs fairly early.

Can you get some more pics of BingBing? Closer view of comb and feathers on the back around the base of the tail. The signs point to cockerel, but something about it just looks like a pullet. Need more pics!

Here are some more shots of BingBing at 11 weeks. Also, do we think (s)he really is an Americauna, or rather an Easter Egger? If I have to rehome BingBing, I don't want to falsely advertise!
BingBing2.JPG
BingBing4.JPG
BingBing5.PNG

Aww, he has such big feet and shanks! How old is he? Given the scruffiness of his feathering, he can't be too old. But uneven feathering is also a cockerel trait, iirc. His comb is fairly pale, but if it's just coming in, it may redden pretty quickly. Keep an eye on him.
HR is about 5-6 weeks old.

Hi...this chicken is about 12 weeks old...thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20170525_112235.jpg
    IMG_20170525_112235.jpg
    666.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20170514_150747.jpg
    IMG_20170514_150747.jpg
    573.1 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom