Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

And here's the other one, they both have longer tail feather while the one I'm 100% convinced is a roo still have barely any tail feathers. But the larger combs and wattles are throwing me since I've heard sussex always tend to be misleading going by the comb.

And here are all three that I'm suspicious of...

This is our first year with chickens. We have a mixed group of pullets. They all seem to make a whistle/chirp sound. However this EE (~11 or 12 weeks) makes more of a 'buc' sound or cackle sound. Doesn't sound like crowing to me, but it's definitely different than the others. (Our other EE might make a similar sound but only when startled. This one seems to walk around 'buc'ing to herself.) What do you think?
[/IMG]

Last edited:
This is our first year with chickens. We have a mixed group of pullets. They all seem to make a whistle/chirp sound. However this EE (~11 or 12 weeks) makes more of a 'buc' sound or cackle sound. Doesn't sound like crowing to me, but it's definitely different than the others. (Our other EE might make a similar sound but only when startled. This one seems to walk around 'buc'ing to herself.) What do you think?
[/URL]
Pullet

8 week old silver laced Wyandotte. Not sure if the darker head one is a rooster or not? It has iridescent feathers. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom