Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Well, that is just odd.

I ordered them specifically as RSL from a hatchery. Do breed mixups happen often?
They all look the same as chicks. It's possible that someone just picked from the wrong bin full of red chicks...
Just like sometimes people get Jersey Giants instead of Australorps, or vise versa. Easy mistake to make.

Roos or pullets? There's a partridge rock, a super blue egg layer, and an australorp. All sold as pullets by MyPetChicken, they're almost a month old.

Last edited:

My cuckoo marans is in front of my 6 month old white rock pullet, this photo is for comparison. The marans is 14 weeks old give or take.

Pullet or Cockerel on the marans? And is there something in the breed that actually defines this at this age such as coloring or feathers?
Thanks for the help..

Here is another pic of the buff orp. Thank you for the speedy reply! And do you think this is an EE pullet? 16 weeks old. Part of a "rainbow assortment".

I think her legs have a greenish hue though not as obvious as the white EE in the same order. Sorry for the shade and twigs, I had to crawl under the cedar trees to find her!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom