Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

@Gardenalex

Definitely male. You can clearly see pointy saddle feathers

That is exactly what I thought.
But you must know, i had still some hope that my feelings are wrong because now i had to accept that I nearly have twice as much young cockerels than hens.

@Gardenalex

If it's any consolation I had an unreasonably high percentage of cockerels hatch last summer too and still have most of them waiting to be processed.... a job I find mentally and emotionally challenging... but at least with his breeding there should be a decent amount of meat on him, once he fills out. I have quite a few bantam pekins that are barely worth doing, as well as being ridiculously cute, making the task even harder!

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
Could I pleade get some help with sexing these oegb if they are not to young to tell. They are 4 weeks old.Mum is a silver duckwing oegb and Dad a dark grey oegb. Ta
First two is is chick 1 next two chick 2 and then both together.

[/URL]
Could I pleade get some help with sexing these oegb if they are not to young to tell. They are 4 weeks old.Mum is a silver duckwing oegb and Dad a dark grey oegb. Ta
First two is is chick 1 next two chick 2 and then both together.
Not with those pictures. Natural lighting please, and no hands in the way. And no idea what you mean by dark grey.

Is this a swedish flowerhen cockerel? And if not what breed could it be?
He's lacking the mottling needed to be a Swedish flower and his type is all wrong. I raise flowers and he doesn't match at all. He is definitely a cockerel and could be mixed with flower.

Back
Top Bottom