Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Will roosters usually crow when they hear another one crow?  You could take your phone out and play youtube videos of roosters crowing to try to entice your mystery crower :)

That's how I got my cockerel to start crowing. He's a pretty quiet guy. About 20 minutes of crowing YouTube videos for a week straight finally got him crowing.

That's how I got my cockerel to start crowing. He's a pretty quiet guy. About 20 minutes of crowing YouTube videos for a week straight finally got him crowing.

Funny thing is, I tried that a couple times! Hahaha. They all just looked really scared though and went into hunker down and panic mode like when the crows fly past. Hahaha.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I've been stumped since I heard the first crow because I thought the same thing as everyone else. They look female to me. And at this age I assumed that a male would definitely look... more male I suppose. Lol. Maybe I'll luck out and just have a weird crowing hen. Thank you again for all the quick replies!

Thanks for the replies everyone! I've been stumped since I heard the first crow because I thought the same thing as everyone else. They look female to me. And at this age I assumed that a male would definitely look... more male I suppose. Lol. Maybe I'll luck out and just have a weird crowing hen. Thank you again for all the quick replies!

I think it's the white one. I hope its not the black one, she's lovely! I had 2 poorly bred silkies that I swore were both male forever. It took several days of getting 2 eggs to convince me lol! Silkies are definitely one of the toughest breeds to sex. Hopefully the mystery will be solved soon.

I think it's the white one. I hope its not the black one, she's lovely! I had 2 poorly bred silkies that I swore were both male forever. It took several days of getting 2 eggs to convince me lol! Silkies are definitely one of the toughest breeds to sex. Hopefully the mystery will be solved soon.

If I had to pick one, I'd definitely think the white one too. Which would be really sad because it's my snuggly one. When it's nice out and I'm wandering around the yard, that one loves to be carried around or ride on my shoulder to check everything out with me. I live in town, so I'm sure my neighbors think I'm insane. Hahahaha.

Last edited:
If I had to pick one, I'd definitely think the white one too. Which would be really sad because it's my snuggly one. When it's nice out and I'm wandering around the yard, that one loves to be carried around or ride on my shoulder to check everything out with me. I live in town, so I'm sure my neighbors think I'm insane. Hahahaha.
All of you birds are female.

All of you birds are female.

Finally someone backs me up!
big_smile.png

Exactly 6 weeks old today. This time I hatched some Double Laced Barnevelders, am wondering if 2 is a hen or a very small rooster? Its comb just turned pink. The two roosters were distinguishable by the first week with big red combs.

On the others, the red guy is definitely a rooster, what do you think about the two blues and gold laced?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom