Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Got these BLRW chicks today and was told they are 4 weeks. Would welcome gender guesses if they are in fact old enough to tell. If not I'll try again in a week or two.

Chick 1 (Splash?)

Chick 2 (the smaller one)

Chick 3

Hi all, any ideas for the gender of the little brahma? Should be 8 weeks old. I'd appreciate any tips on the gender of the white silkie also on one of the photos (4 months old).

Hey all and Happy Easter!
We aquired 2 new chickens last night! So happy! I'd like confirmation on the breed and sex of both please. #1 is supposed to be a 5-6 month old Blue Copper Marans pullet.

The #2 is supposed to be a 5-6 month old Cuckoo Marans pullet

They are definitely smaller than our BO, BA, and EE that are about the same age. I'm thinking they might be younger then what was said...either that or I'm over feeding the others! Lol. Help is definitely appreciated!

Hey all and Happy Easter!
We aquired 2 new chickens last night! So happy! I'd like confirmation on the breed and sex of both please. #1 is supposed to be a 5-6 month old Blue Copper Marans pullet.
The #2 is supposed to be a 5-6 month old Cuckoo Marans pullet
They are definitely smaller than our BO, BA, and EE that are about the same age. I'm thinking they might be younger then what was said...either that or I'm over feeding the others! Lol. Help is definitely appreciated!
More like 3 to 4 months old for each. They appear to both be female. The appear to be hatchery quality Marans.

More like 3 to 4 months old for each. They appear to both be female. The appear to be hatchery quality Marans.

I agree on the age..they appear to be roughly the same size as our others when we got them. I don't think she purposefully gave us the wrong age. It was late when we got there (9:00 p.m.) and I think she was tired. When we spoke on the phone a week ago she was saying she had just hatched, 3 month, and yearlings. Thanks for the confirmation on age, sex, and breed. My main concern was the cuckoo Marans, because she was concerned about the lack of feathering on the feet.

I agree on the age..they appear to be roughly the same size as our others when we got them. I don't think she purposefully gave us the wrong age. It was late when we got there (9:00 p.m.) and I think she was tired. When we spoke on the phone a week ago she was saying she had just hatched, 3 month, and yearlings. Thanks for the confirmation on age, sex, and breed. My main concern was the cuckoo Marans, because she was concerned about the lack of feathering on the feet.
Very common in hatchery stock for Marans to be lacking the feathered legs.

Here is a picture of my Clean Legged Cuckoo Marans at about 3 - 4 months wasn't sure on the gender this is present day..

Back
Top Bottom