Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

The first two are supposed to be FBCM, just over 3 weeks old. Their combs are the same color, the lighting just made them look dofferent colors.
The last one is a Olive egger and is about 7/8 weeks. Any idea on genders?

This is my 7 week old SS I read somewhere, it might have been here, that hatchery SS get really large combs quickly. I have been thinking this is a rooster but just wanted to get second opinions. He is very skittish so if he is a rooster then I will probably give him away.

This is my 7 week old SS I read somewhere, it might have been here, that hatchery SS get really large combs quickly. I have been thinking this is a rooster but just wanted to get second opinions. He is very skittish so if he is a rooster then I will probably give him away.
I'd go with rooster

Our hatchery SS pullet is also 7 weeks & looks much different. (from Cackle)

Last edited:
@The Golden Egg5 don't give your chickens away based on guesses. I can dig up an old pic for you but truly, wait for the crowing or rooster feathers on SS. The comb isn't red and from what I can see, it stands like a pullet.

@The Golden Egg5 don't give your chickens away based on guesses. I can dig up an old pic for you but truly, wait for the crowing or rooster feathers on SS. The comb isn't red and from what I can see, it stands like a pullet.
Thank you! I am a ton less worried about having to give it away now. It is a beautiful bird and I wasn't looking forward to it. After spending some time with the birds, I did notice that it walks lower to the ground than the other Roos in the bunch. That gives me a ton of hope for it. :)

Wondering about one of my 6 week BO's. He/she is really big and bossy, but doesn't look anything like the one I know is a cockerel. I am really hoping it's a pullet because she's very lovey and likes to be held...

Back
Top Bottom