Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

View attachment 1056624 View attachment 1056903 View attachment 1056904 View attachment 1057104 View attachment 1057105 View attachment 1057107 Sorry, started my own thread then saw this post. Thought maybe I could get more feedback here. Pullet or roo? He/she is about 13 weeks or 3.5 months old.
She's got an interesting feather pattern, but I'd say female.
:thumbsup Love this pic
20170625_165530-jpg.1057104

Hi!! Thought I'd give this a try ... Any thoughts on my chicks?! Would love to hear any opinions ... of course I'm hoping for all pullets! Thanks in advance!

Supposedly Black Australorps, between 8-9 weeks in this shot ... I'm thinking/hoping pullets (Midnight and Eclipse). Combs are a little more red but they're the oldest of the group ...
View attachment 1057533

Polish (Scrambled) - probably 6 weeks or so ... not a clue but no sign of wattles yet (even now 2 weeks later); Rhode Island Reds - 7 weeks or so in this shot (Toast and Hashbrown - I think both pullets)
View attachment 1057545 View attachment 1057557

Smidge - Supposedly an Easter Egger but I'm not convinced - tall, straight tail and small in stature. Comb is very orange, slightly tall and comes to a point like a mountain ... no real wattles yet - probably 8 weeks old in this pic (wont hold still!). I can't decide what I think. Hackle feathers look pointy but it's more the coloring.
View attachment 1057549
Other Easter Egger (Poppy) ... about 6 weeks in this shot. Currently more cheek feathers but small comb (can't tell wattles for cheeks). Thinking pullet.
View attachment 1057567

They're the same gender but their wattles make me nervous. They "could" be male, but I do not have any autralorps. So, I can't say with any certainty

Polish = ???? You may need to post the pic on the Polish thread for the experts.
RIR = one facing forward is a definate female. Can't see the other's face.

Smidge -????. Nothing in the feather color from this angle says male, but a clear pic of the face would help.

Poppy= feather color looks female but a good face shot would help confirm.

Supposedly Black Australorps, between 8-9 weeks in this shot ... I'm thinking/hoping pullets (Midnight and Eclipse). Combs are a little more red but they're the oldest of the group ...
My Australorp had slightly larger wattles and comb than that at 5 wks. She is 13 wks now, and I finally feel pretty confident she is a pullet. Comb is not red and no sign of male saddle feathers. I think the hatchery Lorps just develop this way. I expect yours are both pullets as well. Sure would like to see what a cockerel looks like at this age!

Posted pics of this blue Marans a week or so ago, think there were a couple mixed guesses. Someone did say pullet. At almost 8 weeks, I'm finally sure she's a pullet. :yesss:

WP_20170626_16_33_55_Rich_LI.jpg WP_20170626_16_33_45_Rich_LI.jpg

And just for cuteness, with her BCM cockerel on the right, same age serama in the middle.
Totally unrelated, but i think he believes he belongs to them. lol!

WP_20170627_20_51_02_Pro_LI (3).jpg

Back
Top Bottom