Not sure on age or gender

talline

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2015
Im not sure about this ones age or gender..i was told it was about 10-13 weeks old and that its a hen.

Last edited:
Sorry, I can't help you with the age but by the looks of it she is definitely a she! If she was a male then she would have a much more pronounced comb & wattles. :)

As with the breed, I honestly don't think i'll be much help with that but she looks like such a familiar breed to me. It might just be the tail though. But whatever kind of bird she is, She sure is pretty!

Sorry, I can't help you with the age but by the looks of it she is definitely a she! If she was a male then she would have a much more pronounced ​comb & wattles. :)

As with the breed, I honestly don't think i'll be much help with that but she looks like such a familiar breed to me. It might just be the tail though. But whatever kind of bird she is, She sure is pretty!

I was also told shes an easter egger or ameraucana

I'm going to be honest with you. I thought she was an EE & even looked up pictures because I thought that was what she was, but she doesn't have the beard. But then again she's still young. :)

That's probably what she is then!

I'm going to be honest with you. I thought ​she was an EE & even looked up pictures because I thought that was what she was, but she doesn't have the beard. But then again she's still young. :)

That's probably what she is then!

Ive had other people tell me shes a roo because of the saddle feathers

She's definitely a hen. At that age it would be easy to tell if it was a rooster. And "Easter Egger" is kind of a cop out guess, though. There's no standard for EE, so they can really look like anything. She's likely a mixed breed (which still might make her and EE because they are a mixed breed, with or without the beard).

She's definitely a hen. At that age it would be easy to tell if it was a rooster. And "Easter Egger" is kind of a cop out guess, though. There's no standard for EE, so they can really look like anything. She's likely a mixed breed (which still might make her and EE because they are a mixed breed, with or without the beard).
x2

Back
Top Bottom