Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

My pullets are now about 2 months old. Their coop is in the same run but they are separated from the the rest of the girls. I usually let them out to explore the run after I let the girls out to free range don't want them getting picked on yet.... Yesterday when I let the big girls out to free range, then let the pullets out to explore the run. I shut the gate and went back in the house an hour later or so looked out to check on the pullets and here I had locked my oldest (SueSue) and Top of the pecking order, in the run with them. I guess she was still in the nesting box doing her thing when I had let the rest of the girls out. Anyways, the pullets are fine in fact when I saw she was still out there with them went out and gave them all a bit of scratch and she and they all ate together. I saw her give them a quick peck if they got to close to her food but all in all it was a good meeting. Then I saw that salt and pepper they are still on the bottom of the pecking order wanted in to see what was going on so I let them in too and let SueSue go on her way. salt and pepper did great with the pullets. I only have one girl (Goldie) that is overly aggressive and picks on salt and pepper still daily that I really am worried about. She still chases them around the chicken run and will not let them eat in peace. She chases salt and pepper every chance she gets. I don't want Goldie around the pullets.

Do you think it's okay to let the pullets socialize with the older girls? all but Goldie?

And do any of you have any tricks to squash the aggressive behavior of Goldie?? or is this just part of the pecking order thing?

I don't get paid for this stuff, @pennyJo1960 . I am donating it. I'm just happy to have a place to do that, as much of it is furniture items. Hard to donate to second hand stores.

I thought about having a garage sale myself, but one, I hate having garage sales, two, no one would travel all the way out here to check out a garage sale, and three, most importantly, I hate having garage sales. 🤣

Good morning. Having a little liquid sunshine here this morning. Hope it clears a bit around noon time. We'll be dropping off a U-Haul full of things for a garage sale. Not a garage sale for us, just happy to have a place to send it!!!
You don't happen to be hauling away an incubator, are you Valerie? I've been thinking about trying to hatch some eggs someday.

I would probably rehome Goldie, tbh. I don't keep aggressive chickens.

My chicks are also 2 months old and doing fine out in the flock. I wasn't going to integrate them yet, but like I said earlier, they did it themselves lol
she is only aggressive towards salt and pepper they were pullets last year.

Back
Top Bottom