Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Well, I don't like to eat dandelions. Actually there is not much I do like about dandelions. lol

We drained Flopsy again today and that will be the last time for now. There seems to be some residue still in there, but I cannot get it without the possibility of injury. She is in much better shape that way, and we have wiped the area well with Betadine to stave off infection. But I have to say, she was off by herself and did not come over for treats today and that was a first. She also wouldn't eat for us while we had her in a quiet place for the treatment. So I don't hold out much hope for this little one. Can't think of anything else I can do for her. Just keep an eye on her now.

No one is picking on her, which is a relief. My chickens are not aggressive, but I have seen them peck at a sick chicken. They are leaving Flopsy alone and don't mind her hanging out with them. Maybe they sense she is not sick in a way that will effect them. IDK.

I don't know if I mentioned this here,, but when DH went out to reunite Flopsy with the flock, Cooper was in the chick pen and the chicks were in the big run!!! I don't know how they worked that out, but apparently they are all telling us it's time to integrate. So we took a panel out so they can go where they want. If we have time, we'll take all the dividers down. They were quite happy being out foraging in the orchard.

Back
Top Bottom