Not sure what I have here? Any help would be great!

BrittanyandLola

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 26, 2011
Illinois
I bought Lola about a month ago from a lady who said she was a black silkie hen. Now Im not so sure. Shes my only chicken ive ever had. Indoor pet. So I guess I didnt really look into what young silkie looked like but the more pictures i see the less silkie she becomes. she has the 5 toes and black skin. and the silkie feathers underneath just not her chest or wings. So i guess im looking for what she might be mixed with. And shes not looking so black anymore either so a color?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/107720_scarlolamika.jpg

her pic with my baby Scarlette and cat Mika

Definitely part Silkie. Maybe part Cochin or Polish?? Not sure, but she is at least part Silkie with the black skin and five toes.
smile.png

Definitely part Silkie. Maybe part Cochin or Polish?? Not sure, but she is at least part Silkie with the black skin and five toes.

x2 and the feathers look alot like our LF cochin​

thank you very much for your replies...her feathers just dont look at all like the silkies. there very soft but have the appearance of normal feathers. and she has actual wing feathers. And i looked up silkiechins and looks to be right on the nose. Thanks again. oh and any guess on sex or age? I think about 3 months but not sure.

Back
Top Bottom