November 2022 Hatch-a-long

AusHen

Crowing
5 Years
Jun 21, 2018
QLD Australia
Just put 6 eggs into a bator, this time a pen of two flocks together. Due to hatch on the 3rd of November
Pen consists of -
Buff Silkie rooster
Buff Silkie hen (bearded)
White Silkie hen
Paint Silkie hen (bearded)
+
Buff polish rooster
Buff polish hen
2 x frizzle Buff laced polish hens
Gold laced polish hen
So I might get some pure Polish, pure Silkie or a cross of the two

I'll join! I just set 31 shipped Icelandic eggs in my incubator. Hoping for a hatch on 11/10.
IMG_20221020_153646_104.jpg

Day 4 here, so far it looks like 21 are on track and developing!

There's 7 clear/possible blood rings that I will give more time before removing. I did already take out 3 that had very bubbly air cells and had beads of liquid forming on the shells the day I put them in the incubator. I'm assuming they got scrambled or too cold during shipping.

I'm not having much luck with shipped eggs, lots of damaged air cells lately. I'm down to 3 eggs, 2 were clear and one was an early quitter. the three that are no good were Polish eggs and the remaining are Silkie, so will have Silkies or Silkie x Polish (polkie?)

Just set 12 shipped Svart Hona eggs in the incubator today, along with 2 nice Black Copper Marans eggs from one of my own hens. I was messing with the trays to try and get the turning aligned and lost my grip, smashed an egg with the lid :( So now it's 11 Svart Hona eggs :(
IMG_0730.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom