November 2022 Hatch-a-long

I had a duck egg, a chicken hen dented on day 8. I put on nail polish, and put it in an incubator with lock down eggs (moisture), then after they hatched, I had more to put in lockdown, so the egg kept getting in lockdown, and it hatched eventually.
qua.PNG
qu.PNG

I had a duck egg, a chicken hen dented on day 8. I put on nail polish, and put it in an incubator with lock down eggs (moisture), then after they hatched, I had more to put in lockdown, so the egg kept getting in lockdown, and it hatched eventually.View attachment 3316625View attachment 3316629
Aww, how cute! Day 8 is pretty early from what I've read of successfully hatching cracked eggs. Good work!

I had an indicator, but now I don't know. I think next week, I told her that would be okay, we in our area have had bad weather. My big indicator for it being next week, is she didn't list as many as she normally does on ebay. So she may be keeping it open for mine. That is okay.

I’ve never been too keen on ducks(they taste good, but other than that, nope..)but just a few hours ago had the first duck egg hatch from a pair of pekin ducks… It’s one of the most ugly newly-hatched birds i’ve ever seen, those eyes are so far apart, and extrude from the head so much. I also assume when I pick it up it will be unsettlingly squishy, as ducks tend to be. No clue how other people manage to raise these birds and breed them regularly.
66B6E4E8-F526-47CA-974F-FE7EA9D47BCD.jpeg
F0E86482-866C-4B5A-9605-844998E13877.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom