Nurture Right 360 is trash

I posted this on the other thread as well. I have a Govee in there so have temps stored on my phone. Where the tray spins around there are hot spots and cold spots but what you want is the AVERAGE temp to be around 99.5. My temps swung from like high 97's to around 100.5 but my average temp (my govee shows me that as well) was 99.3. I just had a 100% hatch rate in there and that isn't my first one and that was with shipped eggs in there. You are focusing too much on what the temp is at each exact time not the overall average temp. A broody will get up and spin eggs which will drop the temp around them, she will get off the nest to eat drink etc which drops the temp around the eggs, she will shift herself around to get more comfortable again dropping the temp around them. Do you think a broody keeps her temp at 99.5 24/7 for 3 weeks? yes each incubator is different but I have had nothing but amazing results with the NR360 and my temps have always swung like that but the average temp is perfect.

Also a lot of times the fan is filled with gunk from hatches unless they have unscrewed that part and cleaned it the fan may be dirty so not circulating as well. But the temps above I gave you were after I had cleaned the fan but I will say I could have the temp lower after I cleaned it and get the same temp in the incubator.

I posted this on the other thread as well. I have a Govee in there so have temps stored on my phone. Where the tray spins around there are hot spots and cold spots but what you want is the AVERAGE temp to be around 99.5. My temps swung from like high 97's to around 100.5 but my average temp (my govee shows me that as well) was 99.3. I just had a 100% hatch rate in there and that isn't my first one and that was with shipped eggs in there. You are focusing too much on what the temp is at each exact time not the overall average temp. A broody will get up and spin eggs which will drop the temp around them, she will get off the nest to eat drink etc which drops the temp around the eggs, she will shift herself around to get more comfortable again dropping the temp around them. Do you think a broody keeps her temp at 99.5 24/7 for 3 weeks? yes each incubator is different but I have had nothing but amazing results with the NR360 and my temps have always swung like that but the average temp is perfect.

Also a lot of times the fan is filled with gunk from hatches unless they have unscrewed that part and cleaned it the fan may be dirty so not circulating as well. But the temps above I gave you were after I had cleaned the fan but I will say I could have the temp lower after I cleaned it and get the same temp in the incubator.
This makes sense. But I’m still having to adjust it up and down to stay within those acceptable ranges. I am panicking less about the swings now but it’s still requiring just as much babysitting as my smaller cheaper units. I’m glad you have such great hatch rates though! I still just don’t like it at all and would never buy one. But I did candle everyone still in it last night and they’re growing, and that’s all that matters!

This makes sense. But I’m still having to adjust it up and down to stay within those acceptable ranges. I am panicking less about the swings now but it’s still requiring just as much babysitting as my smaller cheaper units. I’m glad you have such great hatch rates though! I still just don’t like it at all and would never buy one. But I did candle everyone still in it last night and they’re growing, and that’s all that matters!
How did your hatch turn out? I posted about how awful this machine is and got so badly bashed for criticizing this supposedly fabulous incubator. I put 3 Govees in mine and noted all of the cold spots every hour over a 5 day period. This machine is total crap. The fluctuations are just as extreme as you stated, and they are NOT for short times like a mother hens times would be. They are often for 2 hours straight below 98 degrees, or for 2 hours almost 101 degrees. All of my goose eggs died, (I paid $20 each for them) however, I also think the breeder sucked.

I got mine this year and I really like it for the most part. There are a few things I wish they would fix though. Like you said, I don't like that it screams at you when you push buttons it is a terrible sound that serves no real purpose. It also seems like the egg turner will randomly get stuck and stop turning sometimes. Everything else I like though.

How did your hatch turn out? I posted about how awful this machine is and got so badly bashed for criticizing this supposedly fabulous incubator. I put 3 Govees in mine and noted all of the cold spots every hour over a 5 day period. This machine is total crap. The fluctuations are just as extreme as you stated, and they are NOT for short times like a mother hens times would be. They are often for 2 hours straight below 98 degrees, or for 2 hours almost 101 degrees. All of my goose eggs died, (I paid $20 each for them) however, I also think the breeder sucked.
I mean, its a lot better than the little giant or anything like that because those things suck they are probably one of the worst incubators out there.

I like mine. The only times I have hatchratss anything other than amazing is when they're either full of infertile eggs or moved over from a horrible incubator. Even shipped eggs, I have had decent hatches with.
I like mine too I have had 3 successful hatches with it so far. The second hatch did not go so well however I got 6 Ayam Cemani eggs from eBay and out of 6 eggs only one was fertile and developing and when that chick hatched, it ended up having problems and drowning in the water dish even though it was only an inch deep and had rocks in it. That was totally the breeder's fault.

I like mine too I have had 3 successful hatches with it so far. The second hatch did not go so well however I got 6 Ayam Cemani eggs from eBay and out of 6 eggs only one was fertile and developing and when that chick hatched, it ended up having problems and drowning in the water dish even though it was only an inch deep and had rocks in it. That was totally the breeder's fault.
How do you know the other 5 weren't fertile? Shipped eggs can become so scrambled they can't support any life

I mean, it’s a lot better than the little giant or anything like that because those things suck they are probably one of the worst incubators out there.
I lost a ton of eggs before ordering a third unit like the two others I have and I took them all out. It was atrociously bad. Once I took them out and put them into my other machines I had a 91% hatch rate from about 14 days on. Before that I lost more than 2 DOZEN eggs. The fluctuations from around 96 or 97 to 102 were destroying them. The first 3 days set at 99.5 I don’t think it was even holding 97. It is absolutely trash and I cannot believe anyone justifies how bad it is. Poor hatch rates aren’t normal y’all. In the machines I use I consistently get amazing hatch rates. I stand by my original statement.

Well I guess they could have been but im assuming they were not since nothing developed.
Nope. You can’t tell if an egg was fertilized after it started being incubated. If it didn’t develop in that machine it was likely because it wasn’t holding appropriate temp and it killed the embryos. I’m telling you guys. This is not how hatches are supposed to go.

Back
Top Bottom