Ny-chicken-lover chickenstock '17

At the moment - yes. Purple Iris is trying to switch shifts, but no-one else has given me any indication of coming.
If I haven't heard from a few more people by the 16th, I think I'm going to cancel. Of course you are welcome to stop by and pick up your Spitz...:)
Heard from all 3 of my coworkers who have that Sat off, that none of them are available to swap shifts with me, so if I do make it, wont be until around 3pm.... think it's worth a reminder mention over on the main NY thread to gauge if anyone else is planning to attend and just not checking this thread?

Heard from all 3 of my coworkers who have that Sat off, that none of them are available to swap shifts with me, so if I do make it, wont be until around 3pm.... think it's worth a reminder mention over on the main NY thread to gauge if anyone else is planning to attend and just not checking this thread?
Thanks for letting me know - yes - I will be posting in the NY Chicken thread.

I'd come & bring food if there's going to more than 2 or 3 people. I've not been on BYC lately- very busy.
Though trying to downsize & ended up getting out of ducks.

Dang!

I had it on my calendar and everything!

It is a really crazy time here too though and I had limited success trying to get my housemate/helper excited about driving me out to a chick-a-holic gathering in the hot weather.
Still, I'll be moving this Autumn to Mexico, NY, near Syracuse and Oswego, etc.
Does anyonr have good advice on moving an extant flock? I have "3" legal "Hens" in City of Binghamton: 2 Australorp; 2 Easter Eggers; RIR; Barred Rock; banty Wyandotte; and 3 LF mix tweens about four month and 6 mixed chicks about a month old. Thanks all.

Dang!

I had it on my calendar and everything!

It is a really crazy time here too though and I had limited success trying to get my housemate/helper excited about driving me out to a chick-a-holic gathering in the hot weather.
Still, I'll be moving this Autumn to Mexico, NY, near Syracuse and Oswego, etc.
Does anyonr have good advice on moving an extant flock? I have "3" legal "Hens" in City of Binghamton: 2 Australorp; 2 Easter Eggers; RIR; Barred Rock; banty Wyandotte; and 3 LF mix tweens about four month and 6 mixed chicks about a month old. Thanks all.
I am really starting to dislike this 'new' format - no notifications etc...:he. Anyway--moving your flock of 'legal 3'....;) if they all get along pretty well, I would feed and water them them crate them in cardboard boxes (tape them well) and put them in the back of your car. It will be a long journey but they should do just fine. Do you have somewhere safe to let them out once you are in Mexico? You must be very excited to be moving....hope all goes well :)

Hey there, just catching up -again- thanks! Yes the chaos only gets deeper here, as the paperwork keeps getting closer to the signing. And yes, there's a homemade henhouse with fenced run aleady onsite as the previous owner had about a dozen birds, and that's a big reason I decided to make an offer. That and the house is much more handicap accessible and it is about 20 min. To the VA hospital.

Back
Top Bottom