NY chicken lover!!!!

ancona91
Where are you? If your flock gets a little overcrowded, maybe you could see if anybody on the auction section needs to replace any of their birds.
I miss some of the roosters we had to give up for the good of the flock. But five hens walking around like saddle-sore cowgirls was just a bit much.(5 hens/5 roosters). All had differant personalities. And when the sun hit them...WOW! My NHRed with the golden hi lights. The partridge rock with shades of copper, teal and violet. And they liked to sit on my lap to take a nap. I really miss those two.
sad.png

Hello, Omani!!!
The NHRed and Partridge Rock roosters sound truly beautiful!! Those 2 breeds I've never owned (yet). So many breeds....so little room!! Actually we just built a bigger barn/coop a few months ago. I belong to several "chicken groups"...one of them being fairly local. There are always roosters needing homes. I love my hens just as much....it's just that so often the "boys " are overlooked. I have quite a nice variety of roos in a rainbow of colors. If I ever do get overcrowded, I may consider " re-homing" some of them.....but only to homes where they won't be invited to dinner in a "bad" way.
I am in Ellenville (Ulster County). We're about 90+ miles fron NYC. Where is Mathias located?? Have a great night!!! I'm so thrilled that it's been rather "warm" during the past 2 days(warm for mid-January, anyway). Spring can't arrive quickly enough!!
Regards,
Kathy

We are between Binghamton and Elmira on the NY/PA line,in a small town called Nichols. Home of Tioga Downs Racino. My family has lived in Tioga County since early1800's . I believe my ancestors came from a place in Putnam County once called "Haviland Hollow" near Patterson NY and bordering CT. Will

willheveland,
I saw "southern tier" and jumped for joy. But you're closer to chickenstalker then me. Oh well. What kind if racing do they have at Tioga Downs? Personally, I'd like to see some chicken racing. Maybe pull an ear of corn around a track. The winner gets the ear and the others get dried corn. I could watch that all day! Chickens are funny when they run.
wee.gif

I feel so all alone up here in no-where-land. I wish some of you were closer so we could all do chicken swaps (and dinner!) I am hoping to have all of my flock tested next month or in March so I can show this summer!! Unfortunately cooperative extension only has one woman that does it "locally" and by locally I mean like 2 hours away...
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom