NY chicken lover!!!!

Is anyone arriving before 11am to "set up", get things unpacked from the vehicle?
We've discussed leaving early enough, so we have time for a pit-stop or any unforeseen delays.
But, if everything goes "as the map says" - we'd probably be there early. Is that ok, Nutty?

Oh, my Dad who's coming too asked if there's going to be a "coffee & donut" at Chickenstock for the non-chicken lovers to "hang out"!
big_smile.png

He's just teasing / having fun, but though I'd share it anyways.

Didn't have time to do a "test run" of caponizing today, and tomorrow I'm working until evening.
Then, I'll have to load everyone up, as there won't be much time Saturday morning. Plus, they're easier to catch at night.

re: processing demo - I don't have anyone to process currently, as I just did the extra roosters a few weeks ago. But, if someone has a "subject" and would like to see the "skinning process" I use,
I could demo that, as well. Not sure yet about the caponizing - though I'd like to do it - I don't want to demo something I haven't done in 2 years! I'm hoping I get a free 1/2 hour to refresh my memory,
though I'm pretty sure I remember all the steps.

I expect to be there a bit early also. I have the beehive thing to set up so will need a bit of time to get organized....
smile.png

I have a box of burgers to bring, along with the vegetables platter I'm bringing. No time to bake anything gluten free.

Haven't heard on the demo but I'll pack my stuff anyways. I suggest people bring water dishes for their birds, carriers of some kind to bring home the birds you weren't going to buy, and spray for bugs and ticks. A lint roller works good picking up ticks that are on your clothes.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

I don't have anyone to process that I can think of especially after the dogs wiped out most of my flock but really want to see a demo so can anyone bring a bird to be processed PLEASE!
Is anyone arriving before 11am to "set up", get things unpacked from the vehicle?
We've discussed leaving early enough, so we have time for a pit-stop or any unforeseen delays.
But, if everything goes "as the map says" - we'd probably be there early. Is that ok, Nutty?

Oh, my Dad who's coming too asked if there's going to be a "coffee & donut" at Chickenstock for the non-chicken lovers to "hang out"!
big_smile.png

He's just teasing / having fun, but though I'd share it anyways.

Didn't have time to do a "test run" of caponizing today, and tomorrow I'm working until evening.
Then, I'll have to load everyone up, as there won't be much time Saturday morning. Plus, they're easier to catch at night.

re: processing demo - I don't have anyone to process currently, as I just did the extra roosters a few weeks ago. But, if someone has a "subject" and would like to see the "skinning process" I use,
I could demo that, as well. Not sure yet about the caponizing - though I'd like to do it - I don't want to demo something I haven't done in 2 years! I'm hoping I get a free 1/2 hour to refresh my memory,
though I'm pretty sure I remember all the steps.

Arriving early is fine. As far as the coffee and Donut I don't even have any coffee pots, coffee, or tea we don't drink it and never have guest who drink it. If someone wants to bring a coffee pot and stuff I will have power out there for it to be used. Now for the donuts Nutty unfortunately tomorrow has class until 1:50 pm and then has to be to work at the hospital from 3pm until 11pm so I won't have time to make donuts but maybe someone can bring some of them too .

Last edited:
I have a box of burgers to bring, along with the vegetables platter I'm bringing. No time to bake anything gluten free.

Haven't heard on the demo but I'll pack my stuff anyways. I suggest people bring water dishes for their birds, carriers of some kind to bring home the birds you weren't going to buy, and spray for bugs and ticks. A lint roller works good picking up ticks that are on your clothes.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.
Actually I do have one rooster that I have to swat away everytime I go out there he tries to attack me so you can process him.

I have a lot of roos that need to be processed but I'm not sure if I will be able to fit them in the car. I'm packing it to day so we will see. How many roos do you think you need.

I am getting excited for Saturday to meet everyone!

I just processed my Roos. I was making a dessert for potluck maybe I can make something more coffee cake like. I will see what I cone up with today.

Hello from City of Syracuse. I currently don't have any chicks at my current residence. I called a few years back to city hall and was told chickens even hens as pets are NOT allowed within the city limits. Where I live in the city if I tried I know some of my neighbors would turn me in.

My husband and I will have our house up for sale soon though (getting my daughter out of the city school district) and are looking at houses with property outside of the city and hopefully they allow small flocks of hens where we settle. I used to have chickens at our first house in Mexico NY and I loved it. They were so friendly and very generous with the eggs, even in winter.

Back
Top Bottom