NY chicken lover!!!!

Okay so here goes. I have a great deal to be thankful for including you all. Just got home from the hospital. DW's cancer has come back. Point? Please keep her in prayer.

Still the kids brought dinner to the hospital and it was nice. The nurses of course are wonderful. If I got stranded on a desert Isle, I'd rather have a nurse than a doctor.

As for snowblowers, please , please , please take my advice. A snowblower is NOT a luxury. If you have animals you need to get to. I got mine the first year we moved into the house and used it to see if I could get to the coop. If not I would not have chickens. Please don't tell me about the exercise of shoveling. Trust me to wield a machine around is not easy and my shoulders hurt sometimes from snow blowing. Your body WILL wear out, better late than sooner. Lord knows a great deal of money and time is spent trying to fix the back. Brains not brawn is best. Easy is not the same as lazy. So with that said, print this out and give it to your significant other and tell them Rancher says you NEED a snowblower. Just don't tell them it will make it easy to add more outbuildings and more animals.
lau.gif

I just raise the skis and skim the surface. It won't tear up the lawn.

This past snow storm I had to take it easy. Don't use your snowblower as a plow. Let the machine do the work. Sometimes I have to go slower. Especially if the snow is deeper than the height of the machine. Also if the snow is wet and mushy. It compacts the snow clogging up the shoot. Also don't do as I have done and hit things like that squirrel cage. Go through and clear the yard of any thing that might be in the path of where you snow blow. I didn't anticipate so much snow this time and figured I'd get to the squirrel cage. I had to rush to get things done and still have to wrap my roses more.

Above all work safe. I love you.

@rancher hicks you and your wife are in my prayers. I won't even pretend to know what you are going through, but you are in my thoughts. It's wonderful the kids brought you dinner though.

As far as a snowblower goes, so very vital to life with pets big or small. My poor puppy is so short his uhm drags the snow and he gets super cold. Then there are the chickens who act like snow will kill them.

@rancher hicks
{Prayers}Wishing your wife a good outcome & you & your family strength, etc. Whatever you need, may it come to you quickly.

What's that hen, photo bombing your NNs?!?

White jersey giant crossed with white TSC 'silkie', they're sweethearts but didn't turn out as big as I was hoping.
I have two of them, both have five toes and some feathers on their feet but the other isn't fibro. I had a few cockerels also I processed, all of them where fibro. I was going to back cross them to silkie but changed my mind. Going to stick with just the jersey giants and naked necks for now and keep the 'chicken math' at a affordable #s :-D
I think if I ever try for a giant silkie again I'll go with some SOP silkies and cross with cochin.

There was a show on Wed. CMT channel about chicken people and some high lights of the Ohio National. Couldn't watch the whole thing but it is on DVD somewhere. I'll check my library.

White jersey giant crossed with white TSC 'silkie', they're sweethearts but didn't turn out as big as I was hoping.
I have two of them, both have five toes and some feathers on their feet but the other isn't fibro. I had a few cockerels also I processed, all of them where fibro. I was going to back cross them to silkie but changed my mind. Going to stick with just the jersey giants and naked necks for now and keep the 'chicken math' at a affordable #s :-D
I think if I ever try for a giant silkie again I'll go with some SOP silkies and cross with cochin.
don't forget your spring project of NN to CX. The girls are happily living with my disabled flock. A crooked duck, a blind hen and 2 huge CXs. What a funny flock they are.

Back
Top Bottom