NY chicken lover!!!!

Got my chicken Black Friday Christmas shopping done :lau: Countrymax has BOSunflower Seeds 50# bag on sale for $17.99 and heated dog dishes 20% off. All my birds are smaller this year, so a 1.5 gallon heated dish will be easier for them to drink out of than a 2.5 gallon bucket. And I'll get some corn and oats from my dad, mix with BOSS, maybe make some suet blocks or just nice winter treat.

Okay so here goes. I have a great deal to be thankful for including you all. Just got home from the hospital. DW's cancer has come back. Point? Please keep her in prayer.

Still the kids brought dinner to the hospital and it was nice. The nurses of course are wonderful. If I got stranded on a desert Isle, I'd rather have a nurse than a doctor.
So Sorry ...I will pray for you both ...Her to get better and You to stay Strong

Got my chicken Black Friday Christmas shopping done
lau.gif
: Countrymax has BOSunflower Seeds 50# bag on sale for $17.99 and heated dog dishes 20% off. All my birds are smaller this year, so a 1.5 gallon heated dish will be easier for them to drink out of than a 2.5 gallon bucket. And I'll get some corn and oats from my dad, mix with BOSS, maybe make some suet blocks or just nice winter treat.
I didn't go to CM but how much were the heated dishes? I might need a couple more.

Well I went and got the Spitz ...And met my family in Geneva for Lunch https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...55217661767.2008618.1265605431&type=3&theater 16 of us what a fun Day Here is CANDY giving the cat Stink Eye ...I dont think shes ever seen a cat...Has She boskelli?
my birds think cats are fun to chase. I also have a big humongous black spitztrolorps girl who let's the cats ride on her back. Then again they have all been raised as 1 single "flock".

So I did my first canceling of the eggs I set today. I'm a bit bummed as 18 out of the 36 are already a no go. Plus one embryo looks like it may be "stuck to the shell" as opposed to "floating" within the egg. Also another one has the air cell at the point and the embryo developing in the fat end. Should I put the pointy side up since that's where the air cell is? I'm guessing these eggs won't hatch. I have also had trouble getting silkie eggs to hatch in the past. They make it to the end then can't quite make it out. Still I'm excited about the eggs that are still going.

Grammachick Yes - we have 2 cats who patrol the barn, in fact she used to stalk one of the cats. The cat would run and she would follow...told you she was special!
smile.png
Nice name - feel sorry for your cat now...

Last edited:
@Beer can

I don't think I even want to know -how- you got a silkie/Giant cross, the mechanics of that just makes my brain hurt.
But I love the gypsy-ish wattles in that white face!

Last edited:
Grammachick Yes - we have 2 cats who patrol the barn, in fact she used to stalk one of the cats. The cat would run and she would follow...told you she was special!
smile.png
Nice name - feel sorry for your cat now...

He will be fine..he is a inside cat .... he gives the chickens a wide berth anyway ..
She is sweet . I have kept her in the cellar so she gets used to me ..
She doesnt like moist food of any kind - fermented or plain ...only likes dry ..maybe she will adjust
She is in a cage now ...Ive been picking her up a couple of times a day ..
She and Missy had a short duel ...till I yelled at them stop it ( they are the same size )
I carried her outside and brought her in the closed coop with me while i worked in there until I could see how flighty she would be .
Then we went outside and I put her down ...she stayed near me ..she got seen by most of my flock
Cutie came over and did a small introduction ...
She can fly pretty good ...She got on the top of the coop ..
I thought ...Oh No ...how am I going to get her down ? she came down by herself ..and got on the Roosts inside ..
A hen introduced herself... so Shes back down cellar ...
We will see how the introduction goes tomorrow
Here she is on my food table

Back
Top Bottom