NY chicken lover!!!!

I do a similar thing with mine. I used a half gallon milk jug and cut a hole in one side that I use for the water. They usually stay out of it, but I let them swim in the sink almost every afternoon. I clean their water out everyday. I usually clean their brooder when they are swimming. Then it is blow dryer time. But they are still messy. I'm trying to work out some ideas to make them a bigger area so that I don't have to clean it everyday. Every couple days would be nice.

Ugh. Ducklings are so freaking cute! Soon they will be outside splashing around in anything resembling a puddle.

I said to my husband that our 9 chickens living outside are nothing compared to 200 in the CT house.
tongue.png

The girls were so happy scratching around in the grass today where the snow has melted. The geese were so happy digging to china in the mud puddles left by the melted snow. Makes me happy to see them out there. Hopefully soon there will be new grass shoots & live bugs for them to find. Heartbreaking to think of what the chickens in Plainville went through.

I know...Chickens just do not belong indoors! I don't care how many. It's unhealthy for them and those taking care of them! I know some people consider them "pets" but they are still livestock and belong outdoors in the grass, the dirt, etc.

Ugh. Ducklings are so freaking cute! Soon they will be outside splashing around in anything resembling a puddle.

I cannot wait to get my ducks outside. Just need a couple of warmer days and I can possibly move them to the shed with the silkies. The older ducks may still trample them at this point.

Last edited:
So I posted an ad on CL yesterday evening for these two 4-toed silkies that I'm not going to keep out of my hatch. I've gotten three replies so far. "Where are you located? I'm really interested!" And even with my reply of where I am (even tho my zip is given into ad) and that I'd be willing to meet, I get no response after. Wth! People are so annoying! I'm about to go edit my ad saying "Don't bother contacting if..."

My 16 year old wolf died a few hours ago. Passed as she just shut down. Earlier today she was out playing in the snow. Passed under a full clear moon.

Please, I don't want any sympathy - that just makes me cry. Just don't say anything to me about it and promise you will pat and pet your own loved pets once tomorrow in her honor.

Her name was Nemesis and she lived up to her name every single day of her life. She loved to peek ....

Good Bye my Loyal Packmate.

She was beautiful. Give extra pets to Windu tonight, M. And that's all I'll say, since I know you don't want to talk about it.

I got a present today! Well, two presents - goose eggs in the mail, and a duck egg courtesy of my welshies. About time!

OMGosh I have my first ever internal pip. I think lol. I have one egg moving a lot and I think I herd a peep. I only have 3 in. Today is day 23 and after my last batch ( 30 eggs no baby's ) I thought this bunch was a fail too. But now I have a bouncing egg :)

My 16 year old wolf died a few hours ago. Passed as she just shut down. Earlier today she was out playing in the snow. Passed under a full clear moon. Please, I don't want any sympathy - that just makes me cry. Just don't say anything to me about it and promise you will pat and pet your own loved pets once tomorrow in her honor. Her name was Nemesis and she lived up to her name every single day of her life. She loved to peek .... Good Bye my Loyal Packmate.
Dear Nemesis, thank you for being awesome. Will honor you with a scratch behind the ear and extra treats.

Back
Top Bottom