NY chicken lover!!!!

Got my new additions today!!! ke5hde picked them up for me from Natureberry yesterday. Beyond excited. DH hasn't said anything except that if they keep being so loud when he gets home on Wednesday that they may need to be moved into the garage. I think that it is good that they are so loud. The loud ones are usually girls!

4 Magpie Ducks!!

Oh man this brings me up to 9! I'm not sure that all will be staying. If there is any more then 1 drake the extras will need to go.

I think it would only be fair to call one of them Magie
wink.png

Ended up with nine more chicks today and only six were planned! Me, Metella, and Baking split a chick order and I ordered five barred leghorns and one speckled sussex. Then Metella and I stopped at Blue Seal on both our way over and our way back and I somehow ended up with a cute Easter Egger and a black sex link. THEN while we were picking out chicks up we noticed that they messed up the order and sent Baking seven white cochins instead of seven barred cochins. So since she really didn't have a use for them I took one. I like the idea of a giant, white, fluffy broody.

Also got angry because went I went to collect eggs when I got home I found that my local raven pair had helped themselves! Must have walked right in the pop door and then raided the duck nest and all the chicken nesting boxes. All the duck eggs were gone, and I only got three eggs that must have been laid after the ravens left. I was really mad because I hadn't collected eggs yesterday as I'm trying to encourage someone to go broody.

What are the chances of a successful hatch, if the chick has already breached the air cell due to major saddling? As in, the air cell is so badly saddled, I can clearly see half of the chick within the air cell area moving around. Today is day 18. I have 2 or 3 like this. There are another two with HUGE air cells that take up half of the egg.

These were shipped eggs (*sigh*)

My purchase from the Farm Bureau auction. Paid way too much for it. And got a good deal on a roll of field fence for the horses. Pic is my dad and brother with one very happy Little Girl, just finished bolting the set back together.

Nice purchase Lap! Even if it was pricey ;-) that's what we need for these two monsters over here. However, our yard is a hill at the very bottom of a mountain so it would be tough to find a spot in the yard level enough to put one. I would want to get one from a place that will come out it together too. My daughter already spotted the one in Sam's Club two weeks ago. :-/

Back
Top Bottom