NY chicken lover!!!!

The 30th works for me! Any time I have advanced notice I can make it happen. I might even donate some cemani eggs to the auction, if they're laying well when the time comes. Probably just a few of them and then something else I can donate more of. Looking forward to the thread for it starting!

Hi. Do you sell Cemani hatching eggs or chicks? Are you anywhere near Syracuse?

I'm about three hours from Syracuse, and at this point I don't sell eggs or chicks, but I hope to start in the late spring or summer. I'll be going to chickenstock, so if I have eggs, I could certainly bring them along if you are going. I have one other person who also thinks they might want eggs at chickenstock too.

I am interested in the Chickenstock Fest. Sounds fun. I may try and get some eggs before then. I have been debating buying some GFF chicks and there is a Byc member from PA who sells eggs too. (Longer drive)

I am interested in the Chickenstock Fest. Sounds fun. I may try and get some eggs before then. I have been debating buying some GFF chicks and there is a Byc member from PA who sells eggs too. (Longer drive)

Have you checked out GFF site lately. Cemani's have dropped in price and they have chicks available now. $200 for Cemani's and $100 for Svart Hona Swedish Black hens. Minimum order with warranty for 72hrs after arrival is only six. I don't want mailed chicks or eggs though, to much of a risk.
I planned on getting some crossed eggs in PA and some crossed chicks here, but now I plan on just going with a crossed pair or trio here in NY so I can start a flock of fibro chickens now. We did plan on going to Florida again this yr but it looks like it's going to wait until next yr. Hope to pick up some Svart Honas from GFF next year when we go down, maybe the price will come down some more. I don't even want them to make $ off them, just to have a nice size flock for meat birds. Fibro melanistic chicken meat is super good for you, better than blueberries or broccoli Lol.

Have you checked out GFF site lately. Cemani's have dropped in price and they have chicks available now. $200 for Cemani's and $100 for Svart Hona Swedish Black hens. Minimum order with warranty for 72hrs after arrival is only six. I don't want mailed chicks or eggs though, to much of a risk.
I planned on getting some crossed eggs in PA and some crossed chicks here, but now I plan on just going with a crossed pair or trio here in NY so I can start a flock of fibro chickens now. We did plan on going to Florida again this yr but it looks like it's going to wait until next yr. Hope to pick up some Svart Honas from GFF next year when we go down, maybe the price will come down some more. I don't even want them to make $ off them, just to have a nice size flock for meat birds. Fibro melanistic chicken meat is super good for you, better than blueberries or broccoli Lol.

I forgot to let you know that I got ANOTHER cross with perfect toenails - I have good hens apparently because you can't even tell that the first one I got is a cross. It even has a straight comb instead of its father's cushion comb. Feathering in completely black and at this point you couldn't even really tell it's not pure cemani. Anyway, I'm holding on to the second cross that's really good for you too :)

Thanks Pyxis! Can you tell sex yet? NN from everything I've read are a good dual purpose breed. I didn't know they were good layers, good meat birds and hardy. Should be a good cross, how many have turned out NN for you?

Last edited:
So far only two XD Having rotten luck, but at least the two look good. I have three more yet to come, so fingers crossed. Can't tell sex yet, these are gonna be hard, what with the black combs, and cushion combs in the case of some of them. One of my older ones is a cockerel and the only reason I can tell that is because its wattles are coming in just barely. It's about four weeks old, so maybe when they get to be that age I'll know.

Anyone have a female rhodebar about 5 weeks old or so?

I might. It's either a rhodebar pullet, a rhodebar x barred Rock pullet or a rhodebar x Rhode Island Red pullet. Can't remember if I had the Rhode Island or barred Rock in there at that point.

I only have the one d'uccle so no pure eggs from her. She is with 2 frizzle roos. There are a few others here that have some here.

We have the Chickenstock and if you can wait that long there is a TON of egg/chick/chicken swapping going on then. So much fun!

Does anyone have turkeys? I'm looking to get some this year. Royal Palms and/or Bourbon Reds. Just checking before I look into ordering them.. Would anyone be interested in some If I have to order them. Not sure what they minimums would be but would be more then I really need/want.

I have royal palms and would be willing to sell some poults if they ever start laying or if you decide to order I wouldn't mind buying a couple to add some diversity to my bloodline.

Back
Top Bottom