NY chicken lover!!!!

22 years ago I was 11 years old and I don't remember specifics of that year. Ross Pero ran in the presidential campaign.
I can't remember where I was last week let alone 22 years ago.

My first wife suffered from memory loss. One day she just forgot to come home.
lau.gif

Lots of people suffer from short term memory loss.

Lots of people suffer from short term memory loss.

I do have another rooster I've started calling " Billy Fucillo "

He's my biggest/fattest Columbian Rock. I watched him the other day as he dropped his wing and leaned over to do the mating dance. He nearly fell over he's so big. He started doing the two step to keep from falling on the ground. It was quite funny.
lau.gif

I'll explain later.

The facts are that properly kept Ducks don't get coccidiosis.

Let me be clear. I am pro organic and anti drugs.

Properly kept you should not need medicated feed.

I do not advocate 5 gallon waterers where junk gets to grow from sitting for days. Rather smaller waterers that require me to give my birds fresh water more often.

I do not advocate deep litter where organisms can grow and make birds sick. I should say IMPROPERLY kept deep litter. There is a method other than just dumping more and more shavings on top.

I do not advocate heat that warms the conditions of the coop like petri dish.

I believe in prevention rather than cure.

I'll explain later. 

The facts are that properly kept Ducks don't get coccidiosis.  

Let me be clear. I am pro organic and anti drugs. 

Properly kept you should not need medicated feed.  

I do not advocate 5 gallon waterers where junk gets to grow from sitting for days. Rather smaller waterers that require me to give my birds fresh water more often. 

I do not advocate deep litter where organisms can grow and make birds sick.  I should say IMPROPERLY kept deep litter. There is a method other than just dumping more and more shavings on top. 

I do not advocate heat that warms the conditions of the coop like  petri dish. 

I believe in prevention rather than cure.  

[/quote

I agree with you. I love the concept of deep litter but it has to be done right and does not work for everyone.

Hubby is at the Geneva Bee Conference today. Called at lunch to say he is learning lots and having fun. Found a person within an hour of us through one of the Facebook farm groups that has 56 hives and is downsizing, so we will be purchasing 2 complete hives with bees this spring. Hubby is excited, I'm along for the ride, kinda like him with my chickens :D
Forget the robins, first chickens emerged from the barn today, the real sign of spring!

So what were you all doing this day 22 yrs ago? Luckily I was still in highschool.
When my father got back to work he was logging off where the Chenango County landfill is now. Had to dig over four foot of snow around each tree to get to the base and cut it down. They were on a time schedule, had to get it done and couldn't wait for the snow to melt Lol! 'Storm of the Century' '93

I remember it well! I was one of the few people who could drive on the roads because hospital staff were considered essential personnel! Even the big 4 lane roads were completely empty!!!
My daughter was one then - hard to believe she was ever that little!!!

I do have another rooster I've started calling " Billy Fucillo "

He's my biggest/fattest Columbian Rock. I watched him the other day as he dropped his wing and leaned over to do the mating dance. He nearly fell over he's so big. He started doing the two step to keep from falling on the ground. It was quite funny.
lau.gif
I watched one of my drakes fall off of one of the girls yesterday..very funny! He climbed on her hack backwards then slowly turned around while he was standing on top of her, then when he tried to do his business he fell off...

Back
Top Bottom